#BRINGBACK64! (64 Game Resurrection Petition)

Interesting. But I still prefer to lead countless legions through galaxies. 64 player galaxies, to be precise. :relieved:

1 Like

Hey, If we did bring back the 64 player games, how would you feel if they were Proteus instead of NP?

I might also need to move the AI off the server and into the browser.

I have been thinking about getting some students at the local university help me out with some NP work. They will even get course credit for it!

2 Likes

Is it possible for gamers to hack the AI ? Is it preventable ? Maybe using asm.js or something ?

1 Like

I would like to have seen Three neighbors map 64E in NP2 Triton normal space.

How would you add random NP3 Proteus wormholes on a fair map like that ? Would the map become unfair ?

1 Like

Jay, please do not post ideas for NP Proteus on this thread, please. The topic is for NP2 64s. I do not play Proteus at all and never intend to. Frankly, it is nothing more than a variant of NP, and not at all as good or balanced as NP2.

1 Like

I don’t mind if it’s proteus or not, I just want 64p games!

2 Likes

What’s less balanced about Proteus? Whats not as good?

1 Like

Don’t listen to him.
He just said he never plays it and never intends to.
Proteus is definitely better balanced and way more fun.
64 player games were great, a proteus 64 player game would be better.

1 Like

I don’t play it because I hate it. It’s trolls like you that make me hate posting on social media.

1 Like

So tell us why you hate it, Jay is obviously willing and wanting to improve the game.
You call me a troll but you’re the one posting “sucks” then bailing, returning, and still not offering anything constructive.
I’m not trolling, I was pointing out how you’re basically the troll.
If you don’t like it, tell us why, if something is indeed wrong with it, and you speak up, it can be improved, otherwise those of us that do enjoy it will continue to not see it because we are already enjoying it.
Help make it better, no point criticizing something without offering a reason, that’s the way of the troll.
You say you hate it. Why?
Even if it’s just not your type of game, offering some sort of explanation is better than “game sucks bye”

3 Likes

I damn well hate it too, you Proteus lovers - get your own damned thread, Murasaki. The game I want to play is Neptunes Pride 2 64p. and I have sunk a small fortune into playing NP2 as Jay well knows. Rather than play Protearse I’ll go to playing Diplomacy, AoW3 and Civ IV FfH 1 full time.

3 Likes

I enjoy both NP2 and Proteus, but not 64 player. Is there a thread for me…? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Proteus is the future IMO.

I would like to see all of NP2 die save for 64p.

Mr., none of these threads are for you :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Damn you @HOUSEBOAT_THANGS :rofl:

2 Likes

You promised if the game ever died, paying members could have the game. While I consider Proteus an improvement/upgrade, it has been running parallel to Triton and doesn’t seem like it will replace it soon. There is also plenty of love for Triton, enough so that changing the game then one day releasing the code to something vastly different than what someone signed up for, would be extremely disappointing. Would you consider hosting the game on a player paid/hosted server to retain the code so if one day you did give it out, we could keep both Triton and Proteus?

The plan is for Triton to always be playable, even if you have to create the Triton games yourself.

If there ever comes a time when I decide I cant afford the few hundred dollars a month it costs to host the game I will make it open-source and you will be able to host it yourself.

4 Likes

I still prefer Triton and would like the triton 64 game back in action. That being said I think a prot 64 could be fun as well. My big disappointment with prot is the warp gates being unusable at an early level and the fact the games kind of drag on due to the fact that stars lose their infrastructure when captured.

3 Likes

Specifically created an account on here to put my voice across on this: classic 64-player games NEED to come back.

They were the most popular (as far as I could tell) and the USP about this game. I paid 30-odd quid (if I remember right) for a lifetime account a few years ago specifically because of classic 64 – several months later and they were nowhere to be found! I immediately dropped off once I saw that and since then simply casually check every 3-4 months to see if they’re back.

There was a vast cast of regulars who you got to know over multiple games. There was so much drama back and forth in each game, it was awesome. You had to really be strategic and a bit mathy. I actually learned to become more cutthroat and calculating in real-life in part because of this game at that time in my life – it paid off quite well in much healthier salaries and financial opportunities along with all the other benefits and lifestyle changes that brings…

To be very clear: there’s no real reason to play NP2 if there’s no 64-player. It was a surprisingly deep game at that level but outside 64-player it was just dry and boring. I think a lot of people just dropped off once they were gone. It’s the major leagues, you know – ain’t nobody got time for local games when the Lakers or the Raiders are in town!

P.S. Smulm, you should really add BOsshOg, Coenna and HOUSEBOAT_THANGS, GOON along with myself to your original post.

5 Likes

I think there are some studies out there that can be found on the Internet, that demonstrate these mental skills improvement effects. Some good life lessons can be learned from games and proper entertainment.

@MurasakiNoKaze , should I count your vote ?

1 Like