Carbon Dating Exercise

Who here has played this game? Using actual coins.

As per in game chat… Yep I’ve played it with actual coins, along with many other classic arcade games.
Space Invaders, Galaxian, Pac Man, Donkey Kong, Defender, Asteroids… I could go on!

Missile command was cool. but wasn’t that into it.

I flipped asteroids once. must have been 17 or 18. spent my Friday or Saturday night in the seven 11 on one quarter.

From the lack of responses I reckon we might be in the minority :older_adult:

No, I haven’t. Being born in the middle of the 80s i grew up on NES, Gameboy and Doom.

Waiting for @HULK to weigh in. No way he didn’t spend lots of quarters. It was turn based, after all :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Naw, we have a lot of old farts. some grew up with those pre-Pong games i.e. pin ball.

@wfmcgillicuddy - LOL and yes, Missile Command was the BOMB! :wink:

@Golden_Ace - I’m old enough to have played PONG when it first came out … and I actually have a old school electro-mechanical pinball machine from the mid-80’s in my house.

@Axson - DOOM is also the BOMB … or should I say the BFG9000 … :wink:
I spent many hours playing that (solo and Deathmatch) … but fortunately(!) lost interest in those type of games after that … even though the realism is stunning these days.

I had a version of this but on a floppy disk. Grew up in remote locations, so physical arcades weren’t really a thing in my youth!

Cool. I have not played a pinball machine in … 35 or 40 years. probably closer to 40. had to think about that.

I do remember the first time I played Pong. had to have been in the early to mid 70s. remember thinking it was “The Boss”.