Chat Feature- Unread feature

There is already a feature to mark all read but it would be nice to have an unmark feature for messages i want to respond to later but not to forget about. So many times have i missed trades or started wars due to accidental silence, especially in 64 player games. For me anyways.

love the game, thanks for days of fun from this game!

1 Like

Yeah, I want this sometimes too. I will put it on my todo list!

Yea, great to have this implemented - I’ve mentioned it before for exactly the same reasons that Vitreebel said - thanks Jay!

1 Like

Would love this. Often I glance at messages during a break but don’t get the chance to reply until that evening. In big games it’s easy to miss messages when you’re talking to so many people.

1 Like

Summary: Also make the “Mark all as read” button effect just the tab “Events” or “Diplomacy” that you are on.

It seems this feature has come up a few times in the past and this is the most recent thread. I’d like to add that the “Mark all as read” button marks all msgs in both “Diplomacy” and “Events” as read. This often causes me to miss a “Diplomacy” msg because I marked it as “Read” when I just wanted to clear out the 10 “Events” msgs. Especially since “Events” is the default tab when you click on the “Inbox”.

What I’d like is an “Unread” button for a certain message/event … so it’s more of a reminder that I should followup on it.