Chrome Extension - Neptune's Pride Agent

v1.16 is published so the issue should now be fixed. Sorry for the fail!

v1.16 changes it so that viewing the reports via the UI no longer modifies your clipboard. The ‘Intel’ button will put in the comment the last intel you viewed via the UI; the hotkeys still change what’s in the clipboard and what’s in the intel button.

It also makes it so that if you’re using a device with both a touchscreen and a mouse pointer (like a touch chromebook) both input methods work all the time. The default game behaviour is that once you touch the screen, the mouse events are ignored, essentially disabling your mouse.

Osric

2 Likes

This tool is incredible, thank you so much for sharing it with us @Osric!

Is it possible to run this on iOS?

Hi, thanks for this extension

There is one thing that happen in turn based games, it appears that the submit turn button is on top of something else

np_01

Also, would it be possible to have an option to disable/hide the “concede defeat” button? I Personally 'll never click it anyway so might as well disable/hide it.

Hi @Fifo! Sorry for the slow response. That button appearing there is part of a “feature” where when you scroll a display the extension has hacked the CSS to try to keep controls you might want onscreen instead of scrolling them away (I find this particularly helpful in the messages screen). But I agree it does look ugly.

I never play turn based games so I don’t usually see this screen - can you confirm that if you scroll up so that you can see the top of the screen, the button and X move to a different spot where they don’t overlap the header?

Thanks
Osric

Indeed on a realtime game it works as expected
On turn based, the button overlaps the name of the planet

Zooming in or out with ctrl+/- does not displace the button

One observation, it also always shows tick <10s away!

I can confirm both of Fifo’s bugs as I’m in a turn based game now experiencing them both.

I briefly had to play without this, and it sucked. I’ve gotten so used to the tools - particularly the battle calc by clicking on carrier - that playing without them was really annoying.

So thank you! great tool and its appreciated.

finally got the occasion to try np agent (i mostly play on phone and i can’t install it there)

I don’t really understand that feature : the “submit turn” turn button is in an annoying spot where you might missclick it while trying to use other tools like the ruler
button
when scrolling up to the top, the button overlap text, it’s too bad to not see the title of the tool currently open, but it can mask the name of the star selected
when scrolling down, the button goes up and out of the screen while the X stay at the top
but then when you scroll back up, the header doesn’t come back until you close the tool
header

also, np agent doesn’t have an on-off button, so you have to go to your browser settings to disable/re-enable it, it would be nice to be able to do that in only 2 clicks

otherwise, it’s a very handy tool for np

excellent work. I am using it. alight motion pro mod apk
One question; Can I use it on iOS?

yes i think you can use in ios may be.>

@Lorentz has been working on an upgraded version of this extension. I made a post about it here.

It should work on a Mac computer as long as you’re using Chrome browser. It does not work on iPhones to the best of my knowledge. Firefox support is something we’re trying to make happen, and that would allow mobile use, but it likely won’t happen anytime soon.

Also, a note I should add to the post I made: Stoned Ape Tools works best when you remove Neptune’s Pride Agent. For some reason having both active seems to cause some bugs.

A long, long overdue post on how to use NPA on iOS.

First you will need to download the open source userscripts app. Here is an app store link.

Then setup a folder in the files app for your userscripts. Run the app, and configure it to point at that folder.

Finally, long press each of the following links and save them to files. Go to files and put these two files in your userscripts folder.

https://bitbucket.org/osrictheknight/iosnpagent/raw/HEAD/intel.js
https://bitbucket.org/osrictheknight/iosnpagent/raw/HEAD/intel.css

iOS looks like it’s on v1.13 instead of v1.16. If people let me know they are using this, I will upgrade it more promptly.

Osric

2 Likes

Chrome Only: v2.1.0.1 which was intended to be a hotfix for a bug where when you’re typing in messages with the realtime clock displayed it switches you away when you press a hotkey, was instead a botched zip file which means that the extension doesn’t load at all.

v2.1.0.2 is up for review on the Chrome store and if you’re lucky you will go from 2.1.0 to 2.1.0.2 directly and not see an issue, but this depends on approval times and auto update times on your browser.

If you have the problem, you can uninstall and reinstall the extension and that will fix it by forcibly updating you to 2.1.0.2. It should auto update fairly promptly, too.

For avoidance of errors, I made 2.1.0.2 exactly the same as 2.1.0. So it has the bug, which is that if you’re typing a message and have the live clock running for production countdown (the default) it will lose focus on every 29th second (that is every time the clock shows HH:MM:29) and the next time you type a hotkey it will navigate away. Workarounds: You can set the time to some other format (using %) or you can return to the message thread and your text will still be there. If you were composing a brand new message you have to return to it by going to the messages view and choosing the new message option, you cannot get there from an empire page.

I will upload a proper hotfix shortly.

My sincere apologies for taking what was intended to be a low risk high-priority bugfix and turning it into a disaster. It’s the first time I’ve tried to patch stable out of sequence and my process was incorrect.

Osric

Chrome v2.1.0.3 is now up which fixes all the issues. No need for workarounds for messages. If you’re the luckiest, you’ll go from 2.1.0 → 2.1.0.3 and see only improvements.

My apologies again. My scripts are fixed such that this error should never reoccur. Maybe someday my code won’t contain bugs and we can be reallly happy :wink:

Osric

Hey Osric!

First of all thanks for putting in the time and effort to create a tool like this! <3

I’ve generated my api key now. So how do I access the history or things like star ownership changes?

I think it is hard to get a good intuitive start because the help/hotkeys are hidden in the controls.

The controls panel is the most confusing one. I think because there are no groups or explanations.

Kind regards,
Lycrid

To my horror I discovered recently that the help is accessible only from the ? hotkey and not from the dropdown :smiley: - but if you press ? you’ll get a brief description of every function along with its hotkey. The Controls screen is just an awful hack to make it possible to operate the extension on mobile.

All the reports are accessible from the dropdown that is at the top of the screen when you choose the NP Agent menu item. Ownership reports and activity reports are only in the current alpha channel (v2.2.7 and later) and will be populated from the time you generated your API key forward. Very possibly this is buggy as it’s brand new code and I’d appreciate any bug reports! I normally access these reports via their hotkeys ; (semicolon followed by backtick) or :.

I’ll make the help more accessible and write some better help too, as this seems to be the #1 missing feature right now :smiley:

Osric

Any chance you have plans to port this to NP4?

NP4 support is in the alpha channel release. Make sure you’re on Alpha and not the stable, and update. Should be good to go.