@Chumbles is unwell and in hospital

He wanted me to pass on a message to let any of you know that he may drop from any games he is in.

I hope he will be back on his feet soon.

sorry to hear that. Thx

Get well soon @Chumbles

Thank you Jay. He has had some serious medical issues for sometime now. Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery.

Got another message from Chumbles. Sounds like he is still in a bad way.

I last heard from him about the time of Jay’s comment above, and it seemed like his awareness was failing. I haven’t heard from him in over a month and that’s not like him. I suspect the worst. If anyone else has information about him, please share. He’s a dear friend to me, the best person I ever met through NP, and at this point I just want an update or closure. This is a photo of him from his blog:

2 Likes

Many of you had the pleasure to play alongside @Chumbles, including myself, and it is with a heavy heart that I am typing this message. Even if it is belated, simply wanted to notify the community. He had chronic health issues, fought bravely for a long time, but sadly passed away in June. Rest in peace @Chumbles, you were one of a kind!

RIP Chumbles

1 Like

This is very sad news indeed. Steve was certainly one of a kind - involved in the ‘by post’ games scene decades ago, and then NP right from the start. I give thanks for all the memories.

1 Like

Rest in peace Steve. thank you for everything over the years.

1 Like

Thanks for the update and information. He was definitely one of a kind and soldiered through years of torturous medical treatments. He was also a great friend.

I am sorry to hear this too. He always liked to talk and find out what was new with me.