A friend of mine created this challenge for me on the 25th of last June. I have played since then, doing some tests.
The game was set to 32 players, 746 stars. 493 stars are required to complete. Dark Galaxy to become more mysterious and even more challenging. 24h per turn to have production everytime. I love production!
That’s is the current comparison against my nemesis in this game:
The main goal was to have a few turns to play while I wait my friends finish another game. The secondary objectives that I have been invented during the match were:
- See if I can beat 31 AIs, whereas the exchange of technology between them would turn impossible an isolated player to win.
- A better understand of the AI, especially their growth and the exchange of technologies.
Soon I was no longer able to exchange technologies with AIs. All of their technologies were superior to mine. I think it was less than 10 cycles. In some situations I could overcome for a brief moment, but I only had back technologies that did not interest me much at the moment and in a low level.
After almost exterminate the first AI, which took quite a while, I wanted to know the dimensions of the galaxy. So I walked in one direction until I reached the possible end according to my scanners, I found the possible center and through it I crossed two lines that gave me the dimensions in other directions. I took on the mission to be a cartographer of the galaxy.
At the end of this process I could already produce more ships than a single AI, but I still lost heavily in technology.
I left for another purpose, I wanna barb wire the AIs. I could’nt let they flee! I’m a galaxy cowboy, friends!
I have tried to be an artist too, I think the current galaxy is beautiful!
I developed some ways to save my time planning attacks that always return to a starting point to get more ships and regain stars which happen to have been lost to the AI after being conquered.
I could gain several tech levels per hour. Hundreds sometimes per turn. One experimentation bonus could give me more than one level of tech.
Loading the game after each round was pretty time consuming. Good, I could get some minutes of work or even life now! I imagine that the amount of data sent to the client was huge, especially the number of ships per star or carrier. Fortunately, the game was still very stable.
- Cycles: 761
- Total Stars: 492
- Total Economy: 5,893,545
- Total Industry: 10,148,784
- Total Science: 5,964,468
- Highest level technology: 9,585
- Lowest level technology: 529
- Star with more ships: 3,994,696,586,251
Second AI enemy
- Total Stars: 21
- Total Economy: 13,059
- Industry Total: 12,473
- Total Science: 10,710
- Highest level technology: 1,277
- Lowest level technology: 700
- You can purchase a maximum of 5,000 points of economy, industry or science in Bulk Infrastructure Upgrade per use, but you could do that several times per turn.
- You are unable to create routes with more than 19 waypoints.
- You can not buy Warp Gates after they reached a cost less than $1.
The game is still rolling. Anyone want to do a test, or that I capture any screen?