Custom Galaxy Maps Designs Three Neighbors no corners

I couldn’t remember what the current 64 player games look like, so made my own as a reference for the discussion.

Neptune's Pride (pass=123)

It’s only the bottom half because the 32 player limit.

How long does it take the 64 player games to fill up anyway?

That is cool, but I am looking for a 32 player map because I think the game needs be smaller.

I only looked at a few of them, but I think it would be really great to cycle through a few different maps. Would provide some variety which would be nice.

I don’t think we should do away with the 64 player games entirely. Maybe replace them with 32 player games, but have special events where the 64p comes back? I’d have to think it through more.

2 Likes

@JayKyburz How long does it take the 64 player fill up right now and how many players go AFK within the first few days?

Also, I’m not sure anyone knows, but why do people who play the 64 player game like playing the 64 player game? Will reducing the number mean those players no longer like the game. Or is there something else about 64 player games which can be replicated in 32 player games.

Are there any people who regularly play the game mode on the forum?

I play the 64’s quite often and see a lot of the same faces. I don’t mind the long wait for them to fill up (usually a few weeks at least). I am game to try the 32’s but I think i would be sad and miss the 64, maybe just have them less often?

I think having them every now and this is a good idea.

@DHSupport One of these forum updates must have destroyed a lot of uploaded images, along with all the nice default user avatars that were {first letter of username} & {random color} .

@JayKyburz Quite a lot of the images linked here appear broken. The URLs are giving 404 errors.

Is there a way to recover them?

(also, incidentally - what is the current map rotation for 32 player games?)

It seems that this forum software has changed its code for uploading images, so that has caused many beloved images on this forum to become disconnected. :frowning:

@JayKyburz , it could be plausible that many of the images have been successfully uploaded to the server of this forum software, but the links have become broken & scattered. I do not have access to them on the server.

I had backed up my map designs on my Google Drive, so I was able to recover my images, plus one more replacement from Imgur.

I am not completely sure. I think that Jay has perhaps designed several (maybe 3 or 5 ?) 32 player maps, possibly using the map designer tool developed by @Dysp ?

Additionally, Jay is also using his circular map that has random stars filled in the center of the galaxy & also my Three Neighbors map 32D.