Datalogs - Short Story Competition

These are awesome guys. I think you all deserve a wordsmith badge. The winner will also receive a “tournament victory” badge. (There is only one other player with the victory badge)

When the judges decide who wins, can you all email me with your account email so I can award prises. Also please tell me if its ok for me to republish these on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.

Do what you want with mine, bud.

@Satan_II have you read Hamilton’s Night’s Dawn Trilogy. I get the impression you would like the Quinn Dexter story thread.

@JayKyburz I’m actually not much of a reader! I can write things. I’ve written play writes, short stories, and poems. Currently I’m focusing on writing my music and lyrics.

EDIT<< even though there aren’t many lyrics, I do have nine tracks online if anyone is intruiged?

1 Like

Results!

Ladies and Gents, first of all I’d like to thank you all for entering this silly little competition. I was really worried that no one would enter, or everyone would fall into the first trap of writing science fiction. ( The more words you have to invent, the sillier your story appears.)

I have consulted the secret board of judges, tallied the votes and can now announce the winner.

Well, I say winner. Thanks to the generosity of our glorious leader everyone gets a badge! As a side note, please let Jay know if it’s OK to use your entries to help advertise the game via social media and the like.

The entry with the top score was The Truth.

I’d like to commend all involved for their lovely little tales from a universe with little or no back story. You should all be proud.

4 Likes

Yay! Thanks @Rosslessness & His Secret Judges.

I would like to thank my mum and dad for having me, yada yada yada. :wink:

Good stories as well everyone else, I enjoyed reading some of them!

Congrats! Well deserved victory!
And thanks for the badge (when it arrives).

And yes, Jay may use my text for promotion!

1 Like

Congrats to all writers!

Very nice stories indeed. Thanks for sharing them. Congrats to all

Lichuckles Piffhamlord Camelorn Ledeir Chocododo can you email Jay so he can give you your prizes?

Private message sent to Jay.
On a side note: Private messages seem to work now!

already did!

Woohooo, badge has arrived! Thanks a ton!