December/2020 1v1 EPIC Tournament with Mirrored Maps

Count me in

@Tristanvds - Ditto what I wrote in the thread right above your post.

Too bad it’s single elimination…:wink:

Whoops I entered with an alias - any way you can change it as the admin?

@HULK I sent my message before you sent yours, had to get my message approved by a moderator though, which is probably why it was sent 8 hours ago when I was asleep…

But I will be patient ofc and see if there is anywhere you can slot me in

As per usual @HULK thanks for organising. Wow that’s a lot of players!

@Dysp great tourney tracker!

Good luck to all players, except @HULK because he really doesn’t need it…

1 Like

Am I too late?? If not count me in!

@Macomber - There’s no way to change the name in-game … so just try to use your real name next time … although LOL I like Potato Boat! :wink:

@panblanco - While double elimination/round-robin would be nice, that could make this game last a LOT longer.

@Tristanvds - All good and no sweat. You’ll end up being assigned an opponent in the next day or two.

@gaz123 - You are IN … per comment above, give it another day or so.

Pinging the players who haven’t joined their games yet:
@Roedhip - @Birel - @GluteusMaximusII - @Dr_Gaming
Per notes above, I’ve got players waited to play … so if it turns out you can’t play, let me know. I’ll have to decide in the next day or two.

ALL OTHERS: Good job joining your games and I’m seeing the games moving along well - see @Dysp’s tournament track. It’s pretty wild how fast a 1v1 game can go - a reminder that if you are the 2nd person to submit, DO try to make your moves for the subsequent turn and remember to hit that SUBMIT button … basically makes the game double-time!

1 Like

Good job everyone signing up for your games (14 out of 16 so far) and making moves.
@TheLastHero and @kinghuang are already at tick #84 with @rubensan and @plug at #72!

Another friendly reminder to @Roedhip and @Birel that you still need to join. If I haven’t heard from you by this time tomorrow (i.e. 48 hours after the posting which is also the time-to-submit), I’ll swap your positions out for people on the “standby” list and put you on that.

No matter what, these players from the standby list should get games by that time:
@Feca @HOUSEBOAT_THANGS @Tristanvds @gaz123
And at least @BelSon and @DarkDragonwing should get paired up … and perhaps @Kaine and Solfyre (ooops - meant to say @Dysp).

So tell your Space Marines one more night of drunken debauchery … because the time to battle is coming!

BTW, if any of those standby players want to go up against the Jolly Green Giant (are you sure @HOUSEBOAT_THANGS ?!?), we can arrange that. Knocking out the top seed in the first round would be a big upset … and rocket you up @Trucriot player rankings.

2 Likes

Sweet, here we go. Thanks for setting this up!

1 Like

Can I have dibs on @Feca if Birel no shows? <3

Hahhaa, typical Orbs to try and get an easy opponent :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Just wondering @HULK and @Trucriot - did anyone ever suggest a Swiss-style system for tournaments like these, instead of single elimination? Maybe with a top-four and then elimination semis and final? Just a thought.

We talked about Swiss-Style, Round-Robin, and Double-Elimination … but it’s a challenge getting a tournament done (the August 1v1 just started the semi-final match!) … so single elimination seemed the simplest. But certainly a possibility down the road.

1 Like

Game on! :muscle::muscle:

OK - we got some new pairing. @Birel hasn’t joined their game, so they are back on the “Sub” List.

@exOrbitant requested to play against @Feca so I paired them up.

The rest of the people from the Sub list are added starting from the #8 seed and moving up.
So new round 1 games are listed below (and also in the first post) - please join your games:
4. @BelSon vs @HOUSEBOAT_THANGS - game link
10. Birel @Feca vs @exOrbitant - game link
12. @Kaine vs @gaz123 - game link
13. @DarkDragonwing vs @Tristanvds - game link

EXTRA PLAYERS left that will either “sub” in or be paired up against a top-8 seed:
@Birel (waiting to here from) and ANYONE ELSE?
Reply in this thread if you want to join the list as we’ll still take entries for a little longer.

Where do I get the password for the game?

1v1 is the password - see first post that has that plus other info.

I didn’t see it in there either!

Ooops … you are correct I didn’t have it in the first post (which I just corrected) as I had only mentioned it in the “kick-off” post two days ago - thanks for pointing out!

1 Like