December/2020 1v1 EPIC Tournament with Mirrored Maps

It was a good game Simon, well played. things are getting pretty precarious in Canada right now after the new strain of the virus from the UK.everything is shutting down. In the next few days my life will change dramatically. There is a good chance I lose my job… all to say, I have joined the new game, but I might be occupied for the next couple days.

@Keeves we will play at the pace you are able to play. It is a very unfortunate situation with so many people influenced. :frowning:

Can you please also check if you have claimed the victory for the previous game. The Api is saying the game is not over yet (you vs bot).

Let’s try to have a some good moments away from everything what’s going on in the world right now.

Got some new features for tournament games. Everyone interested about getting push messages for your tournament games to your mobile, can check my post in here.

Kaine pulled a beauty of an attack a couple turns ago and was able to gate and garrison a star in one of my key clusters. While stats are still very close, he’s gained a considerable strategic advantage on me now, and trying to take this back is going to be risky and costly. I’m still fighting, but he’s now ten stars up on me and I’d need to pull off a spectacular reversal at this point.

This game has really hammered home that six hour advantage, particularly when you get break into an enemy cluster. Great learning opportunity, albeit at my expense.

1 Like

I’m sorry for speaking out here for @Keeves, but he said things are crazy for him right now and I can see he has not made his opening move yet which is due in 8 hours. @Hulk is there a way to put the game on hold until Keeves can confirm he is in?

Edit: There is no pause button visible for me even if I signed in with the password. I think it would be visible only to whomever created the game, but can you @HULK login to a full game to pause it?

For the sake of moving the tournament along, I’m going to concede to @kinghuang. We’ve had a blast of a game, but it’s clear he’ll eventually beat me. My holiday schedule has me making moves only once a day at best, which is starting to drag things out for the rest of y’all. Good luck vs @HULK in round two!

(@kinghuang I’m enjoying the game so I’m happy to keep playing to the end if you’d like. But if you would rather not balance two 1v1s simultaneously let me know and I’ll concede in game as well.)

FYI @Dysp and @Keeves that I have to enable “Tournament Mode” when I create a game for you guys so that it can start WITHOUT me … so I lose any ability to do Admin stuff like pause a game. So yea, if @Keeves doesn’t have a chance to make his opening moves before the game auto-advances, let me know and I’ll generate a new game for you guys.

To echo what I said above for EVERYONE, once the game is started, it WILL advance every 48 hours. As mentioned, the hope is you’ll make turns much more frequent than that … but this is the maximum I could set with the idea being that I realize stuff will come in in RL occasionally.

I hear things @TheLastHero that things get crazy around the holidays … so yea, if it looks pretty certain you are going to lose, then probably best to concede.

Let me know @kinghuang when you are ready for round #2 against the Jolly Green Giant and I’ll recall my Space Marines from the Bars and tell them to sober up! :wink:

1 Like

@HULK Sorry, it seems I jumped the gun. The game is on! :wink:

Thanks, @TheLastHero. I don’t mind letting the game continue at a slow burn, but I’m happy to go either way. Just as long as it isn’t stressing your schedule over the holidays! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m as ready as I’ll ever be. Spin it up, @HULK! :smiley:

I’ll be waiting :slight_smile:

Ironically, it seems like everyone else has slowed down over the break… meanwhile, I’ve got way more time on my hands right now than usual.

First post is updated with latest developments …

@kinghuang @Keeves Can you please let me know, if you have claimed the victory in your last game. The Api is saying the game is not over yet. If the game was conceded, you should claim the victory (instead of letting it continue against bot).

Im thinking that their opponents both conceded on the forum, because they saw their defeat as inevitable. They wanted to continue playing the game but didn’t want to slow the tournament down too much.

Sounds good, not problem at all!

@Dysp what Pan commented was right. I conceded on the forum to move the tournament along, but we’re having a good time so we’ll keep playing the game until I’m eventually defeated.

@TheLastHero @panblanco Oh, ok. No problem, shoot it away. The games will remain open on my tracker and close when finished. There are few bits of stats available only after the game has ended so don’t want to close them manually.

1 Like

“There is no plan so perfect, no position so advantageous, and no battle so simple that your can’t screw it up with a careless uncancelled carrier order” - Sun Tzu (probably), The Art of Neptune’s Pride

A beautiful war screwed up by TWICE accidentally sending away my defensive fleet before a big battle (including my capital). GG @GluteusMaximusII

3 Likes

That was an unbelievable reversal. @Kaine had me on the ropes and had what I was sure was an insurmountable strategic advantage on me. As a desperate move I launched a sizeable fleet down his jump gate network and got it close enough for a kamikaze run at his capital- partly to keep things interesting, partly as a distraction to buy me a few more turns and make him commit to the home defense. Anyway it looks like an errant carrier screwed him, and he conceded just as I was going to stick the landing.

I really think he could have still gotten a fleet back (gate a neighbour star?) and recaptured the capital within a couple of turns, I probably bought myself another 6 or 8 turns with that big picture. But I won’t say no to the win.

So, on to the quarter finals I guess. Looks like I’ll be waiting a while for either @Zatoc or @exOrbitant to wrap their game and then play @Solfyre, so I’ve got a while to wait.

1 Like

LOL @Kaine that’s a GREAT quote … I hope you did what I do with those careless Carrier Captain which is turn 'em right around and send 'em into battle …WITHOUT ANY SHIPS. I figure that’s easier than having to convene a Court Martial.

I’ve updated the first post with these latest developments …