Define neutral stars when creating custom maps

@JayKyburz - is there any plan to update custom galaxy creation to be able to define neutral stars? I love that we can create our own galaxies, but it’s slightly limiting only being able to define the home star co-ordinates and then random scatter / twin rings.

I was envisioning a more granular upgrade where individual and neutral stars could be used, so instead of just [0,0] you could add a switch to the coordinates to specify the cluster type. For example:

i = individual star
s = small random scatter
m = medium random scatter
l = large random scatter
t = twin rings
h = make this a home work (i.e. a player starting location)

so [io,o] would generate 1 individual star, [so,o] would generate a small random cluster centered around 0,0 (same deal for m, l, t)… and [mh0,0] would generate a home-world star centered in a medium random cluster.

I have several interesting map ideas that could make use of this.

Star Placement
Triton Updates

this

Yes there sure is!

I think rather that specifying the scatter pattern I will just allow you to plot the XY co-ordinates of every single star and its natural resources, if it has a gate, that kind of thing.

That way other players or developers could write tools to help you really do anything you like.

That’s awesome, can’t wait for this, Jay.

…and it would be truly supreme if all this was incorporated into Dysp’s map editor so that it was part of the game’s GUI.