Do you play the 64 Player Games and why?

Still missing the 64p games …

2 Likes

I am also disappointed with the new circle 32 game maps. Getting to the centre is too key a strategy now that if you have the link to the middle you get a huge advantage (and some players have NO chance to get there). Also not happy about people getting the 64 badge for winning the much easier 32 player games. I thought there were talks of having a 64 every once in a while??

3 Likes

In my opinion circular 32 map is the best (of the worst :wink: ). There is big advantage for whoever gets to center first, but that advantage shouldn’t be decisive, if others are not sleeping. Terrain configuration is a lot different in center and on sides, and that creates some dynamics. Other thing with those maps is that, presumably, there are quite a few positions on the map, where you could see your neighbor before game start. Personally, I like (small) anomalies in NP, they bring us closer to real life situations, but I am not sure about this one :slight_smile:.
Thing about badges stands too, it’s not the same thing, so badges should differ.
But most importantly, bring us back 64 games, please. If there are any technical issues, maybe community could help, let us know please.

3 Likes

I haven’t been an active player in years, so my input may not be so valuable. I am, however, playing my first game in… I don’t remember how long.

Anyway, back when I used to play regularly, (2013-2014), I almost exclusively played 64 player games.
The reasons were that players = more opportunity for friendship or backstabbing (at least, less chance that someone is already teamed up with someone else) and also, to a lesser extent, since (at the time, at least) there were often large number of people who dropped out of the games quickly (eg due to a bad start/bad starting position) and in 64p games, there was always a larger chance that lots of people would stick around.

2 Likes

Sorely missing 64p maps. 32p is just not the same.

Strategy and commitment now makes the time spent on my badge feel a bit wasted… But honestly 64p is just super epic and Id like to go for a few again!

5 Likes

When is the 64 format coming back?? To be honest I hate the 32 format. If 64’s puts a lot of pressure on the server or it’s just some financial/business issue then how about this idea,

The server starts only one 64 game every month?? Like set a date ( ex; 1st of every month) when a 64 game opens and when it gets filled then other people must wait for a 64 match starting at the next month.

Or another idea is, we simply don’t get a 64 match until the current one finishes. I hope IHG can just spare us only 1 64 game at a time. There could be an option of seeing the stats of the ongoing 64 match so the players can speculate when the next 64 game is gonna start up.

Just some ideas/recommendation. I’m not the only one who is very upset and missing the 64’s. I hope the authorities ( @JayKyburz and his assistance) will give some attention here and give it a thought.

Sorry if my tone were a bit rude. Thank you for your attention.

4 Likes

So, after playing a few more games since my last post above, I have to say… I really REALLY miss the 64p games, to the point where I’ll probably only play the occasional Proteus game and no others unless they come back. I don’t enjoy the 32p or less games that much compared to the 64p games. (I would LOVE a 64p proteus game…)

Please please please bring back 64p games @JayKyburz, even if just occasionally on rotation.

4 Likes

Guess what? Still missing the 64p games … The reasoning behind throttling THE grand event, IMHO, was flawed … added to which I feel it only fair to give those (hi Pentangle :rofl:) who want revenge the chance …

1 Like

Even if they are dead, I am one to beat a dead horse long after it has decayed.

I think it is obvious from this thread how popular 64’s are and how they ought to be returned. The sooner the better.

4 Likes

In space no-one can hear them neigh! And it still rankles that my conqueror badge was the last for a 64p

1 Like

All mine were 64s and proud of it! Glad you got at least one.

My empire are psychic and I am pretty sure we can make people hear noises in space if we want. Jay should heed that. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

6 of mine are 64 and 3 are 32. Bring back the 64!!!

2 Likes

I had one badge from a 64-p. Would love to see them return!

1 Like

#Bringback64

Question: “Do you play 64 games and why?”

Answer: “Yes, please. And because they beat 32 circle games.”

2 Likes

oh crap, we have a hash tag now.

1 Like

And a new thread with a petition and a request for people to grope for you with their eldritch appendages, Jay. It’s serious now.

#Bringback64!

3 Likes

never put my 2 cents in here so kicking a dead horse I guess. .

Jay, At least change the badges for winning the 32 player game. It cheapens the ones won under the 64 player game if you keep the same badge. I will not play a 32 player game for that reason. I want no confusion in which games I won the badges for.

also bring back the 32 player made games. dropping it to 16 sucks big time. I lost a few maps because I can no longer make them.

3 Likes

Im surprised the change actually dates back this far. How have the 64s not returned, at least as 1 in every 5 32 player matches.

I think this should be settled! we dont want the watered down 32 matches anymore

1 Like

64s have returned!!!