Flying Swiss 1v1 Tournament [FS 01/2023]

Here are the accelerated match-ups for Round 1 (countries* and latest Top28 World Ranks in brackets).

1. @Solfyre [US-1] vs. @Satirael [DK-9]
  2. @plug [GB-2] vs. @spymort [AU-13]
  3. @panblanco [US-6] vs. @Kaine [AQ-18]
  4. @BelSon [AU-7] vs. @Skilly146 [US-27]
  5. @Lorentz vs. @gaz123
  6. @tenerezu [MX] vs. @Gissni
  7. @Bio-M6 [BE] vs. @Binbo

Use the according map link I provided for your game in @Dysp’s tournament tracking tool - press the hyperlink symbol to the right of the names:
https://np2stats.dysp.info/tournament.php?tournament=87

Password is 287 - please join your game with your forum name by February 1, otherwise it will be forfeited and your opponent automatically wins. Also be mindful to try and submit at least twice per day so we can get as many clear results by February 18 as possible. The next round will start after that.

Good luck and have fun everyone! If your game concludes, please post about it in this thread.

Coolest map layout of this round ;)

*) If you haven’t already, consider sending me your country to represent it in the tournament and with a flag in the World Rankings! :slight_smile:

Last call @Lorentz - join your game against @gaz123 or it will be automatically forfeited.

I PM 'd @Lorentz to join but have not yet had a reply!

Reached him on the Discord server via @AStonedApe, so all games are on their way now :star_struck: Hope we’ll keep the 100% participation throughout the tournament.

I have conceded to @Gissni and am looking forward to our next matchup. Good game Mike.

I have also conceded to @Binbo , I missed three turns because I FORGOT TO SUBMIT THREE TIMES IN A ROW, so I thought it only fair to him to concede

I have conceded my game against @Solfyre a few holes in my opening moves, as well as a few expensive early warp gates that didn’t end up paying off, allowed them to pull too far ahead in economy and production. I still had fun, and hope to take a few of the things I learned this game with me to my next one.

Thanks @Satirael for the game! I think I agree with your synopsis. Those early warp gates in the east allowed you to control the area, but at a high cost. Im notorious for my early warp gates, but I couldn’t find a good way(safe and affordable) to piece them together until range 3 and straight to the middle.

Good luck going forward!

@panblanco conceded to me today. I think the ship Intel chart shows best how close (and hard) fought it was! I managed to recover from their early lead by taking a key central cluster which meant they had to kill their home star gate leading to all the other fronts starting to go my way after some tough fighting. Sadly they didn’t have enough time to dedicate to close out the game.

I signed up to participate in this race, I will get top games online Please watch me

I just resigned against @Skilly146. While even in star count, I was well behind with all my ships out of position, and Skilly managing to just constantly hammer attacks at me to break through just this turn.

Thank you @BelSon, it was a fun game! I was able to keep a pretty strong science lead throughout the game, which meant I could research enough banking to keep up with BelSons eco and also get high level range to attack them from multiple fronts, as well as threaten their warp gates to slow down their reinforcements. I just kept sending fleets at BelSon’s flanks that they couldn’t counter attack from and eventually I broke through. I look forward to our next game!

Conceded against @plug

A misplay in the west and a couple miss clicks in the east left me at an immediate disadvantage. Compounding really bad research mistakes (ie wasting points and all that stuff). Let him drop in a hundred or so ships into a place that really hurt, giving plug a bunch of free stars that put the final nail in the coffin. I played a bit longer to see if I could pull a swift one on him, but without having a lead in any means I just blew up some stars then capitulated.

Yes - I just claimed a hard-fought victory over @spymort - I grabbed slightly more stars at the start, and although my ship-count lagged for most of the game I managed to hold my ground just enough where it counted. 1v1 at its nail-biting best…!

As the deadline has passed, based on the statistics of the game I declare @gaz123 the winner vs. @Lorentz (59 to 49 in stars after 276 ticks) - fun star names you guys were deploying :wink:

Table after Round 1 (including Booster Points)
Rank Player Points
1. Solfyre 8
2. plug 8
3. Kaine 8
4. Skilly146 8
5. panblanco 4
6. BelSon 4
7. Satirael 4
8. spymort 4
9. gaz123 4
10. Gissni 4
11. Binbo 4
12. Lorentz 0
13. tenerezu 0
14. Bio-M6 0

Based on that table, Round 2 match-ups looks like this:

1. @Solfyre [US-1] vs. @Kaine [AQ-18]
  2. @plug [GB-2] vs. @Skilly146 [US-27]
  3. @panblanco [US-6] vs. @gaz123
  4. @BelSon [AU-7] vs. @Gissni
  5. @Satirael [DK-9] vs. @Binbo
  6. @spymort [AU-13] vs. @Lorentz
  7. @tenerezu [MX] vs. @Bio-M6 [BE]

Use the according map link I provided for your game in @Dysp’s tournament tracking tool - press the hyperlink symbol to the right of the names:
https://np2stats.dysp.info/tournament.php?tournament=87

Password is 287 - please join your game with your forum name by February 22, otherwise it will be forfeited and your opponent automatically wins. Also be mindful to try and submit at least twice per day so we can get as many clear results by March 11 as possible. The next round will start after that.

Good luck and have fun everyone! If your game concludes, please post about it in this thread.

1 Like

GZ @gaz123 !

Most enjoyable 1v1 so far

First @BelSon then @Plug. You’re really putting this poor rank 27 player through the gauntlet this tournament!

Yes, it was a really good game! I was really struggling to get those last few stars!

You definitely seem to have the capabilities to fight these fights, though!

Probably no longer rank 27 in the February World Rankings though :stuck_out_tongue: