Flying Swiss 1v1 Tournament [FS 06/2022]

Perhaps. I will be signed up.

1 Like

Iā€™ll give it a go :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m still undecided if I wanna spend my summer playing, so if there need to be one more player, sign me up

1 Like

Was out the whole day somewhat unexpectedly, so Iā€™ll only be able to calculate the seeds and set all the maps up later. For some more time sign-ups are still possible (until I close them). Thanks to @Kwhwwymwn evening the number out if necessary, any number of sign-ups goes.

1 Like

Sign me up if itā€™s still open, please.

1 Like

Iā€™ll skip this one because Iā€™ll be out of the country for a period during this tournament and canā€™t be sure of the network availability.
But I hope I can get a mention next time Swiss Tournament is happening.

1 Like

Hi @Trucriot - Iā€™m thinking of jumping in again on this, but just wondering what method youā€™ll be using for the second round seeding? Last time we ended up with loads of draws, as we were all placed with someone on our exact ranking level. Is there another plan this time maybe? Just an idea.

1 Like

The second round seeding will be the same, however, this time games in that round will have 3 weeks to conclude.

1 Like

OK - so those dates you gave in your opening message will slightly change I guess? Sounds good - and Iā€™m keen to join if you still have a space for me please.

1 Like

If Iā€™m not too late can I still join?
Timezones are weird.

1 Like

@Trucriot there we a couple of times in my close games where we were down to the wireā€¦ And knowing when the game was going to end would have had an impactā€¦ But Iā€™m not sure either of us knew when it might be.

So, I know in general you give out an allotted amount of time for each round beforehand. But there still is some wiggle in terms of how many submits happen in the last couple days. And if i manage to take a slight star lead, does it behoove me to not submit any more turns?

Any thoughts on how to make the endings a bit more predictable/smoother?

One idea: Once 2 weeks are up (or maybe 10 days so we stay on schedule), games get a set number of ticks to progress through to determine an outcome? Then everyone can be playing for a common end goal? Seems a little more fair and in the spirit of the game?

1 Like

Sign-ups are now closed.

@Solfyre: I like the idea of a fixed tick target set some time close to the deadline based on current ticks to make it more fair. My worry is that it would have to be set quite low so the tournament timeline isnā€™t at risk of getting completely derailed. And if it is set too low it could halt a game that otherwise may run towards a clearer conclusion. Iā€™ll think about it some more.

1 Like

Here are the seeded match-ups for Round 1 (countries* and latest Top28 World Ranks in brackets).

1. @Solfyre [US-1] vs. @Kwhwwymwn [FR]
  2. @plug [GB-3] vs. @gaz123
  3. @Dr_Gaming [RS-5] vs. @OneBlue [AM]
  4. @Lex [CA-11] vs. @olus2000
  5. @BelSon [AU-12] vs. @tenerezu [MX]
  6. @Satirael [DK-16] vs. @Bio-M6 [BE]
  7. @Kaine [AQ-19] vs. @AllSkillNoPants
  8. @sarcophagus [26] vs. @June
  9. @BattleBorn [US-28] vs. @Jewish_Star_Empire
  10. @Nat20 vs. @Prole_Matt

Use the according map link I provided for your game in @Dyspā€™s tournament tracking tool - press the hyperlink symbol to the right of the names:
https://np2stats.dysp.info/tournament.php?tournament=82

Password is 287 - please join your game with your forum name by June 24, otherwise it will be forfeited and your opponent automatically wins. Also be mindful to try and submit at least twice per day so we can get as many clear results by July 2 as possible. The next round will start after that day.

Good luck and have fun everyone! If your game concludes, please post about it in this thread.

*) If you havenā€™t already, consider sending me your country to represent it in the tournament and with a flag in the World Rankings! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just spotted an underscore in my forum name that isnā€™t present in my game name. How do I sort that out? Iā€™ve already registered into the game.

1 Like

PS. New Zealand

No worries, as long as itā€™s easy to recognize who you are itā€™s fine. Thanks for the flag submission!

Thanks for setting this up! I am in Canada.

The tournament is aiming for players to submit twice a day, meaning 12 ticks. So, seems like a good number to aim for. 12 ticks per day until the game ends.

Something like players battle it out for 10 days getting in as many turns as they can. Then, with 4 days remaining, a 48 tick deadline is then applied. Players for the most part should be able to make that happen, I hope!

Only bummer is it might just be more work for you, our grand tournament master, @Trucriot .

For the honour of the great white south!

@Trucriot @tenerezu there is a problem in our game - we have mirrored stars, but not mirrored starting positions. We will probably need a remake?

Related to Mathematical oddities in NP