Flying Swiss 1v1 Tournament [FS 06/2022]

Grats for the wins. @Kwhwwymwn getting a star lead against Solfyre is already impressive by itself, well done.

@BelSon @OneBlue @tenerezu @Dr_Gaming Didn’t have any time for a countdown, so will call your games at a random point in time when I get to it. Keep in mind that for games under 196 ticks the wait times will be part of the result assessment as well.

:sweat_smile: are you sure its 196? maybe bring that down to a 94?
ye I lost.

Just finished the game with @OneBlue . A final warp gate assisted push got me the stars needed for the win, managed to take the home star near the end too. GG again Oneblue and good luck with the rest of your games.

Of course the tick cut-off only applies to unfinished games :smiley:

Meanwhile, considering stats and wait times (as game is under 196 ticks), @BelSon gets a tight win against @tenerezu. Gonna prepare the new round as soon as possible.

Figure anything out about how to end the games? I’m not sure of what you’re capable of seeing… But I like the sound of your idea. Maybe weighting the 2 turn submissions (or lack thereof) per day in that final 48 tick(sudden death) period more heavily than the rest? I’d be interested to see if anything easy/organic comes up. I’d love for this to be simple and not a ton of work. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah, I’ll give it a shot in Round 2 :slight_smile:

Here are the result-based match-ups for Round 2 (countries* and latest Top28 World Ranks in brackets).

1. @Solfyre [US-1] vs. @plug [GB-3]
  2. @Dr_Gaming [RS-5] vs. @Lex [CA-10]
  3. @Kaine [AQ-16] vs. @Satirael [DK-17]
  4. @Nat20 [20] vs. @sarcophagus [26]
  5. @BelSon [AU-12] vs. @Jewish_Star_Empire
  6. @BattleBorn [US] vs. @tenerezu [MX]
  7. @Kwhwwymwn [FR] vs. @gaz123
  8. @olus2000 vs. @OneBlue [AM]
  9. @AllSkillNoPants [CA] vs. @Bio-M6 [BE]
  10. @June vs. @Prole_Matt [NZ]

Use the according map link I provided for your game in @Dysp’s tournament tracking tool - press the hyperlink symbol to the right of the names:
https://np2stats.dysp.info/tournament.php?tournament=82

Password is 287 - please join your game with your forum name by July 8, otherwise it will be forfeited and your opponent automatically wins. Also be mindful to try and submit at least twice per day so we can get as many clear results by July 23 as possible. The next round will start after that day.

Good luck and have fun everyone! If your game concludes, please post about it in this thread.

This map looks stalemate prone. Initial expansion gives a pretty big gap along the diagonal. Range 2 is needed to break the diagonal as well. I’m thinking it ends up stuck. What about you, @plug ? And @Trucriot ?

Thanks for your message @Solfyre - just had a look at the map. I think it could be OK, after all you can get to tech level 2 very quickly with these parameters. I’m happy to play it if you are. I’ll wait to hear what you feel.

Your game was quite resistant to spawn a somewhat playable map. Felt like the last one may do the trick with allowing direct clashes on the sides within 30 ticks as well as never being quite sure about center sneak attacks with Hyper 2. If you both retreat the same way there is the danger of a stalemate of course.

Alright then, lets do it @plug !

@June @Prole_Matt Don’t forget to join your game, otherwise it will be forfeited.

My game with @Satirael just ended with me taking the win. Very hard fighting, and much closer than the star count suggests. An early range focus allowed me to grab both wings, and after that i had a heavy star lead that was hard to claw back. One of those very small things that lead to a very big effect! Very fun match though.

Yeah I severely underestimated how hard it would be to reclaim either of the wings, which ended up leading me to an eventual defeat. Fun and tough match well played by @Kaine !

sign me up!

Well that took a while to get through haha

@gaz123 did you forget to play?

Managed to beat @sarcophagus and take the win. Was a close and tough game; similar to my last one but this time I was on the other side. I leaded in star count but Sarcophagus had the tactical/ strategical advantage. Long-term I wouldnt win so I made use of my star lead and just went for the required stars to win, spending all money on gates and carriers. Worked out. Game was way closer than it looks. Although I have a huge star lead and infrastructure lead, theyre all poorly defended. If my attack didnt succeed and I didnt get the stars needed I would be quickly overrun. ggwp to Sarcophagus, thanks for the game!

1 Like

Sign me up.

Wait. It’s July. Last date of reply was in June. Nevermind…