Flying Swiss 1v1 Tournament [FS 10/2021]

Yes another good game that I threw away!! Well played @Kaine!!

@kinghuang and I finished our game with me managing to slowly secure a win in the last 60 Ticks.

The game was a very close back and forth fight that needed all my attention and planning. @kinghuang was constantly pressuring me and I was scrambling to defend. Around the 150 tick mark the map was split northeast vs southwest, showing how we both managed to overcome each others forces on one flank each.
Warp gates played a crucial part in my final attack pattern allowing me to summon fleets at a quicker rate as well as take some of his to start pressuring his HP.
This pressure on his backline allowed me then to have a fleet Advantage on the east flank slowly advancing singular planets. An offensive without gates in the beginning. The long distances between many ungatet star lines allowing for easier interception of reinforcements or at least favorable trades.
All in all big compliment to a very hard fought and close game. Too many fights and moments to remember or put in writing. Looking forward to an eventual rematch.

I think that just leaves me and @DarkDragonwing to complete our game, which is very evenly balanced owing to the map configuration. Hopefully we can play out to a result…

I forgot to post my win here, so here I am, won a few days ago. Was close at the beginning but I slowly took over the galaxy and even a few of their back stars towards the end. The difference was becoming a little too big for me to lose and I managed to win, was a nice game, first win of the tourney :slight_smile:

Looks like your and @DarkDragonwing’s game played out in a diagonal way, ending up in a position where it’s hard to avoid a stalemate. Not ideal given that the winner would play in the final, but we do have Buchholz scores in place to break the tie (in the tournament, not the game). Stats at Tick 210 look very even right now - I don’t see what’s happening on the map, but if you guys don’t think you’ll get to a clear(er) result soon, I would call it a draw and award you both two points.

If you’re happy to give us another few days, we can maybe try and break the deadlock one way or another - or if that doesn’t happen, we can then call it a draw. Does that sound OK?

1 Like

I confirmed with @FinrodFelagund that he’s fine to wait a bit longer for the winner of your match, so it’s also fine by me. As mentioned in the OP, I give the finalists flexibility to bilaterally agree on an alternative timeline in this first edition.

I finally managed to edge out @DarkDragonwing in my game - exactly evenly balanced for most of it, then I spotted a chance to make a move for one of the border stars which opened things up.

So we should be clear for the final showdown now - I think that’ll be me vs @FinrodFelagund for the inaugural Flying Swiss title? With the holiday season upcoming, maybe this could wait for a few weeks? In fact I’m travelling in early January as well.

Was a nice game, although the map was not the best for a nice battle with both our opening strategy. Good luck in the final match against @FinrodFelagund

@plug, congrats on your win. As our current match from LLL is still going on and very balanced. I agree to wait a bit until we start the final match.

Here’s the final table after all three rounds:

# Player Won BH₂ BH₁ Pkt
1 FinrodFelagund 3 22.67 5.33 12
2 plug 3 20.34 7.00 11
3 DarkDragonwing 2 19.66 6.34 9
4 Macomber 2 18.67 6.67 8
5 kinghuang 2 17.33 6.67 8
6 Kwhwwymwn 2 20.01 6.33 8
7 Dr_Gaming 2 19.68 5.66 8
8 Kaine 2 17.67 4.00 8
9 Vernitrax 1 16.00 8.00 4
10 Sneferu 1 13.65 8.00 4
11 HabitableFiction 1 15.99 7.67 4
12 iippabella 1 18.99 5.34 4
13 gaz123 1 17.33 4.00 4
14 Gabrio 1 21.00 2.66 4
15 SUP 0 15.68 7.00 0
16 puffin 0 13.33 5.33 0

Congratulations to the 1st and 2nd placed players for making it to the final game. I updated the tournament tracker with a map link for Game 25. Please check it out and shout if you need another one. Take all the time you need to start as long as it’s bilaterally agreed.

1. @FinrodFelagund [DE-3] vs. @plug [GB-5]
1 Like

I thank all the players for participating in this new format! Here’s a poll so I can gauge if there is an interest for me to make another one.

Would you like to see another “Flying Swiss” tournament in the future?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

0 voters

Let me know if you have any further thoughts about the format and the settings.

2 Likes

@FinrodFelagund I have joined this game, to try and make sure it doesn’t get forgotten - the map looks crazily open so it could be a wild game. No rush, but when you’re ready everything is set. Thanks

@FinrodFelagund @plug @DarkDragonwing @Macomber @kinghuang @Kwhwwymwn @Dr_Gaming @Kaine @Vernitrax @Sneferu @HabitableFiction @iippabella @gaz123 @Gabrio @SUP @puffin

The second (and refined) edition of the Flying Swiss is now kicking off! Sign-ups are open until Saturday, hope to see you there :slight_smile:

I forfeit the final

That’s unfortunate, hope to see your comeback once time allows again! All the best.

And congratulations to the very first Flying 1v1 Champion @plug!

OK - a shame, but I hope your RL stuff allows you to jump back in for some NP before too long @FinrodFelagund.

Do I have to cancel from that ‘final’ game I joined?

Count me in!

Wrong thread, try Flying Swiss 1v1 Tournament [FS 02/2022]

1 Like

We talked about hello, that
Include me, I’m essentially just playing 1v1s now haha.