Guilds! Guilds! Guilds!

I have no Guild experience whatsoever and only limited experience in Triton, so a newb guild might be the right place for me. If you do this, @Rosslessness, i would be willing to join, if you want to have me.

I always think that the induction procedure should be,

1. Don’t be an idiot.
  2. Ask to join.

So you’re in.

Now pick a name.

2 Likes

I have had my trouble with 1. but have clearly accomplished 2. :slight_smile:

Some guild name suggestions:

• Newbs in Space (to clearly state the intention of a newb guild)
  • The Mighty Quill (but perhaps too much alluring to the short story contest…)
  • The Naive and the Righteous (as a counterweight to that satanic group forming above…)

Those are just off the top of my head, what have you got?

When it comes to a Guild match. Are there set rules to be followed, or can it be dependant one what the leaders may agree on?

NOTICE: I just changed the rules to add nicknames or abbreviations of the guild name in players Alias.

@Satan_II, quoting the rules:

These are the only rules that a match must follow. Anything else is up to the guilds to define, even criterions for winning wildly different from the game’s criterion.

1 Like

What about “School of Space Overlords”?

1 Like

School of Space Scoundrels?

@Satan_II This is Tagma from Alpha Mothallah, I’m ready to get a guild game going. Someone pitched Satanic Brotherhood as a name, which works for me.

@Alex , we’re up and running mate, I’ll invite you into a PM

@Arth just a quickie.

Would it be worth having a ‘game name’ column in your database, as (mine as an example) mine will be nothing to do with my True Alias. I just think it would be a good idea to know who to have to watch out for before you even start playing. Say we play a team tha Rosslessness sets up, and he personally hasn’t lost one and has a 5 star teamwork rating, it would be good to know that he needs to be pressured hardest. (This would also give him more of a challenge)

@Satan_II, I will leave this to be decided by the Guilds when setting-up the match. I think some Guilds may be interested in not revealing who is who.

You made me think about some anonymity setting: it would have 3 levels:

1. The True Alias and Alias shows on the Battles Table.
  2. Only the True Alias shows on the Battles Table.
  3. The True Alias is hidden on the Battles Table until the finish of the game.

What do you think?

@Rosslessness I’d like to join!

Each clan having their own anonymity setting, rather than a generic one? Not sure. I think something like that should be forced, either 1 or 2, personally.

Tomorrow I will set this up.

@Satan_II, It would be not per Guild, but per match. The Guilds discuss which setting the match will have. Well, let’s see how this thing will work out when we have matches. Besides you, I don’t even know how people feel about it.

Did you discussed with your Commanders?

@Arth I haven’t, as recent talks about game preferences are taking the forefront, but I will make sure I ask the question.

Yeah!! I’ve had some interest off forum as well, so do I update the spreadsheet?

2 Likes

@Rosslessness, just send the e-mail with info for the Guild and it’s Commanders.

@Rosslessness how’s the creation going for you? Still not got round to doing it?

I’m at a WW2 wedding and then in Portugal. My current time available is going to be nil for the next ten days or so. Apologies.