Some ideas for additional filters in the intel screen:
- “Active” - would select only players who are still active (not AFK/Quit/Eliminated)
- “Neighbors” - would select only players within a certain range of your stars
- “Diplomats” - would select only players who you have exchanged messages with (ignoring mass messages, presumably)
- “Strangers” - the opposite of Diplomats; players who have had no contact.
- “Enemies” - players who you have battled with
It would be most useful in larger games (especially the 64p ones) but would have a benefit even in small games, and there appears to be no shortage of space to add those buttons in the UI.