Is a -8 AI more likely to attack than a -1?

Is an AI on -8 disposition more likely to attack than one on -1?

Or more specifically, are the 8 stages of negative disposition purely about making it harder to pay them off, or do they get more blood thirsty (or obtain any other characteristics for that matter) as they go further into negative disposition?

bump

@JayKyburz / @Dysp - guessing one of you 2 knows? =)

I’ve seen neutral-0 AI’s attack me … and thought I even saw once or twice a friendly +1 attack me. It would make sense if the attack function is random that increases with the degree of hostility, but I haven’t been able to infer how it works.

It doesn’t at the moment. Right now is just a measure of how much work you need to do to get back in its good graces!

@JayKyburz,

By "good graces ", do you mean technology levels traded from the AI, to me, when I send the +2 AI one of my tech levels?

Example after I send over a tech :
Disposition … trade result
-8. … … … … no way
-2. … … … … sorry, No !.. lemme up the disposition 1 more in your favor…
-1. … … … … up one disposition.
0. … … … … up one disposition.
+1. … … … … Yes! Trade

+8. … … … … Yes! Freebie tech from the AI, costing you -1 to the disposition.

1 Like

Yes Exactly. Though I think they will trade at 0. Can’t remember.

Yeah - they’ll trade at 0

Also - remember to check how much the AI want to increase disposition (it will say in $$) - depending how high they are up the leader board will depend how much they want to increase disposition. Sometimes it’s cheaper to send money, and you have the added bonus that you’re not sending your tech to the AI which could then potentially be poached by other players.