July/2019 1v1 EPIC Tournament with Mirrored Maps

@SuperDave pointed out to me that his protegee - @Gwimweeper - has won their match against @HOUSEBOAT_THANGS and advances to face the Jolly Green Giant … whose a** is still sore from the whooping he get from @SuperDave:wink:

I already have a game setup … but if you are interested in testing a game with Science starting at 0 (rather than 4), I’d be up for creating/trying that … but only if OK with you - your call.

You are, of course, welcome to solicit input from Sith Lord @SuperDave … but be careful about cavorting with the NP equivalent of Emperor Palpatine and ending up like Darth Vader! :wink:

Not sure if you were suggesting someone test a game with you or that you were suggesting changing the config for your match with @Gwimweeper but in case, I don’t think the config should be changed mid tourney.

I think if the changes are MINOR and BOTH players agree to it, then it is reasonable for that game ONLY to be played using the mutually agreed params. But there is no obligation to do so.

@Gwimweeper liked our map … and having just tried to figure out my moves, I agree it has a real interesting layout … so I’ve made my moves and submitted … and we’ll see how it goes. If nothing else, I can only do better than my game against @SuperDave! :wink:

Quick question guys as the newbie here;
How can someone have more planets, ships, carriers, economy, manufacturing and science than oppponent and yet still have less ‘New Ships’ on the player screen?

Oh and all tech (bat scanning) is level pegging too.

New ships = IND * (5 + tech level Manufacturing) / (# of ticks per galactic cycle)

There is the fog of war feature.
Everyone in the galaxy sees live data of tech levels, which enables accurate tech trades.

Everyone in the galaxy sees snapshot data of all empires stars, carriers, ships, new ships, E I S,
but you can see live data of your own E I S.

Can I just say that these 1v1 games are SUPER STRESSFUL?!

1 Like

Yea, there is a bit of figure out your moves, make 'em, double-check (and maybe triple-check!) … and then the anticipation of what will happen when you hit the SUBMIT button. So yea, a bit stressful, but hopefully you are enjoying it @Ralx - looks like you are mounting a comeback against @Gruffler22 (?)

@Gwimweeper and I have finished our game. He had some RL issues came up and he graciously conceded as he wouldn’t have the time to put into the game. He was off to a strong start, so be forewarned if you see him in a future tournament.

Well good game Karmadrome! It was tough but i wasnt gaining any ground.

@Karmadrome is a very tough player @ZeusAlmighty - get 'em next time!

I have updated the first post and see that @ZeusAlmighty has joined game #9 - you will play the winner of @Ralx and @Gruffler22.

Whenever you are ready @Karmadrome, please join your game against @SuperDave - he’s waiting for 'ya and already has mapped out his moves. We are all cheering for 'ya to take him down! :wink:

Good game @ZeusAlmighty. On to @SuperDave :grimacing:

Just looked at two ongoing games - @Ralx versus @Gruffler22 and @SuperDave vs @Karmadrome - both look VERY close.

BTW, to echo what I said above, if anyone is interested in testing some slightly modified params (ONLY if BOTH players agree), I’m curious how a game with starting science of 1 (versus 4) and 100 ships (versus 50) would play out.

Our game is definitely close, but @SuperDave has a slight lead. The early exchanges have been very bloody. @SuperDave managed to get the jump on me to take a promising star in my territory and it took a lot of ships to liberate it! I’ve been mostly on the defensive with no incursions into @SuperDave space yet.
Plenty more to play for…

What’s the time limit on games again? I have a feeling that my current game might take a while…

@Ralx There is a time limit, but imo it was put into place if one or both players in a game aren’t submitting very often. If you and @Gruffler22 are making multiple moves per day and are having an epic battle, then just keep at it. No one wants to stop a great game.

FYI… @Karmadrome and I once played a game that went approx 20 cycles before the tide fully turned. For some odd reason we seem to be doing it again.

Besides, the winner of your game has to play @HULK. He’s going to be seriously pumped to smash hard (and quickly).

@Ralx and @Gruffler22 - Ditto what @SuperDave - as long as both players are submitting on a reasonable timely basis, then by all means continue the carnage as long as it takes!

And yes, I’m ready to put some HULK SMASH on the winner … :wink:

Wooooo … looks like @Ralx captured @Gruffler22’s home star. He’s still down 73-65 stars (at one time, it was 72-52) … so he’s trying to make one heck of a comeback! :wink:

@SuperDave is up 72-70 in stars against @Karmadrome with an interloper on the other size of the DMZ. He also has a good lead in Economy and Science, but even in Industry.

We might have to send out the galactic garbage collectors to clear away all the space debris in our game. Could get even messier over the next few turns. :space_invader::boom:

@HULK, @Gruffler22 graciously conceded, after my gambit taking his homeworld paid off. Onwards and upwards!

Now that it’s me vs. an AI, do I get the victory on my NP record if I quit?

Sounds like a great game @Ralx and @Gruffler22 - hope you guys had fun! :wink:

I’m not sure how it works if you accept the victory and aren’t the leader in stars … but at least for the tournament’s sake, you are the winner and advance against @ZeusAlmighty. I’ve already got this game setup … but if BOTH of you are interested in playing a modified param game (1 instead of 4 science and 100 instead of 50 starting ships), let me know.