Make a timelapse of your game

I have just finished version 1.1 of a webpage that can record your NP game and render a timelapse of it. It works for most game types, though it doesn’t handle customizable colors of Proteus or irregular ticks of turn-based games.

https://olus2000.pl/nptimelapse

You just need to give it a game number and an API key and it will start recording. Come, test it and share any feedback or bugs in this topic. If you have any questions regarding how the site works make sure to check out included help page.

In the future I’m planning on adding timelapse options like:

• better options for drawing stars
  • drawing straight borders
  • more efficient timelapse generation
  • better colors (feedback pls)
  • a desktop client (???)

I appreciate any feedback on the site and these ideas.

4 Likes

where can i find game #

If you look at the game URL it should look like this:
https://np.ironhelmet.com/game/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Where Xs are a 16-digit number. This is your game number.

Make sure to check out on-site help page.

Update 1.1 is here!
New features:

• Timelapse options: show stars on map, show area borders and adjust pixelation of the timelapse.
  • API: perform a GET request on /api/game/<int:game_id> to get a JSON with all data saved for this game (except from the NP API key of course)

I will also edit the original post to reflect this.

it seems the link has been discontinued?

NPTimelapse is back, on a static URL under my very own domain! I’m taking ideas and feedback again, here, on dicord and github.

The css needs to be fixed for displaying on phone

Also, you could store the generated time lapse on a google drive or equivalent so you’d only need to generate them once

Oh yeah, mobile compatibility :sweat_smile: I’ll have to look into how to make it work.

The timelapses are stored locally until midnight (I think GMT). I don’t think I’ll run out of space over the span of 24 hours, and after that they should be regenerated anyway because of the newly recorded ticks. If you generate a timelapse it should be ready for download if you enter the exact same options. If not then you’re asking for a different timelapse that hasn’t been generated yet.

I was thinking of finished games time lapse
For ongoing games that wouldn’t make sense as you’d want the updated version

Colorblind mode. I’m not familiar with which colors work best, but I know this game can be difficult for colorblind folks.