Map Modes

Heyllo there as first :smiley:

As I just watched my map, I started asking myself - what can this player see of my empire? Or this player? So my mind continued, and it came out, that i should request a “map mode” where i can choose players (or a single player, if thats easier to script), and see what vision they have on my stars. Yes, you can do this from hand, but it’s quite much work and also a bit hard to remember all of those “visible” stars, when it comes to fronts of over 20-30 stars.

Would be glad about a answer of you jay, and also about constructive crtique by those other fellows. :smile:

Cheers, Rikkarta

2 Likes

Good idea ; would it also be possible to have a map of “reachable” stars in hyperspace range per player (including ourself)?

1 Like

You are able to see their scanning range on map, so for small instances that should work just as well. But maybe you’re thinking of a larger area which would make using that technique more difficult.

Just as I wrote, if I want to know this from 1 Star or something, okay, but when you come to bigger borders it can get pretty difficult, without writing notes or something, also with a map mode it would be ways easier to figure strategies, using those “vision borders”, as you could directly send/loop your carriers out of their vision, wich gives a huge “bonus”.

At the moment micromanagement is rewarded by that, but I wouldnt think this micromanagement is “needed”, but well, up to Jay :wink:

Cheers

Good idea. It could be a little button on a players empire screen.

I will add this to the list of new features.

1 Like

Yay \o/

Someone suggested something similar before as well, kind of a border drawn between stars…