May/2018 1v1 EPIC Tournament - AnnanFay is the winner!

The game links can be found in the first post of this thread. @HULK is doing a good job of keeping it up to date.

Ah, my bad. I hadnā€™t checked the 1st postā€¦

Iā€™ve updated the first post to show @nick.muzzio has won against @TheLastHero
Yea, NP is brutal if you make a mistake in the opening moves.

Heā€™ll play the winner of my game (dead-even right now) and while weā€™re moving along, Iā€™m going out of town this weekend, so I donā€™t think weā€™ll be able to accelerate much for the next week.

How go the other quarterfinal games?

Murasaki and I are at tick 56. I have a slight lead in industry and ships. There are some very high quality planets on the both edges of the galaxy that we are battling for. Itā€™s early and so the game could switch around easily either way.

Iā€™m pretty sure I play slower when the deadline is 24 hours.

For instance Iā€™ve completed my turn several hours ago but Iā€™ve not committed it because if I commit my turn the deadline tomorrow will be earlier and I donā€™t want to risk having an earlier turn tomorrow. If it was 48 hours there would be no risk and I would commit as soon as I was finished.

1 Like

FYI in case others are confused: Our game has a time-to-submit of 24 hours (I goofed on the setup) ā€¦ so this is a legit concern by @AnnanFay and sorry I canā€™t change it after the fact. Having said that, because Iā€™m in the game, I can pause it ā€¦ so just holler if for ANY reason you want me to do this.

Itā€™s quite an EPIC battle going on - Iā€™ve made some VERY lucky guesses and squeezed ahead in ship count, but am wayyy behind in Economy plus he had Terra3 versus my Terra2.

We are into full-on carnage-fest ā€¦ I just captured a nice star of his, but heā€™ll promptly retake. There are ships massed across the entire lengthy border. So definitely want this to play-out with both sides being able to make their ā€œbest movesā€ rather than having a situation where one player runs out of time to submit.

Whoever wins our game, @nick.muzzio is going to have his hands full in the semi-final.

I am sure I will @HULK! Lots of great players in this tourney so far!

SuperDaves taken the lead and work has me too busy to promise timely submissions.
Heā€™ll be moving to round 3

Iā€™ve updated post #1 to show @SuperDave as the winner of his match and advancing to the semi-finals.

@AnnanFay requested a game pause for the weekend - thought we would resume on Monday, but guessing that RL has been busy as I havenā€™t heard anything yet.

@HULK Sorry about the wait. Iā€™m working on the turn right now.

@Grunter and I just exchanging blows. Nothing notable has transpired just yet but, I get the sinking feeling heā€™s trying to lull me to sleep and then POUNCE ON MUH FACE like the Jackalope I know he is deep on the insideā€¦

Jackalope? Ainā€™t nobody here by that name. :wink:

1 Like

@AnnanFay and I are having daily duke-outs ā€¦ very interesting & close game as I got totally hosed by the Experimentation Gods (see below) but made some incredibly lucky guesses so currently have a slight advantage in stars & ships ā€¦ but wayyyyy behind in Economy and Industry.

Hereā€™s an image (click to see big) of the first 4 Exp hits I got - crossposted from this thread.
In a nutshell, I spent a bunch of effort finishing (expensive) Exp2 just before Cycle3 ended ā€¦ and got a Weapons hit (no help) for Cycle3 ā€¦ and then got ANOTHER weapons hit for Cyle4. Glad to say I didnā€™t hit the trifecta and finally (!) got something else for Cycle5.

Per that thread, Jay has fixed things so this wonā€™t happen again. Which I think is the ā€œrightā€ thing especially for 1v1 games since you canā€™t trade for tech, and have to develop all your own. @nick.muzzio was right! :wink:

1 Like

HAHAHA! Itā€™s still not as bad in the 3vs3 game we played and all 3 my accounts hit weapons!

Yea @nick.muzzio , that was a pretty brutal trifecta.
But wasnā€™t that later in the game where Exp wasnā€™t as important?
I kinda ā€œwantedā€ to get a third Weapons hit just to even more make your day! :wink:

FYI to all that per the ā€œExp Lockedā€ thread, Jay has rolled BACK the change so we can finish the current games. Iā€™ll ask him to re-roll it back into production before we start the semi-finals. Speaking of which, it looks like @Grunter is pulling ahead in his game.

@AnnanFay and I are having quite the wild battle. This is completely different that the ā€œTrench Warfareā€ game that @SuperDave and @Karmadrome had as there are ships attacking all over the place ā€¦ and both sides have made inroads into the otherā€™s territory. Again, my lead is stars/ships is balanced out by his big lead in Econ/Indy ā€¦ and he just launched a 81-ship strike out of the blue.

Yeah, I am toast.

@Grunter submitted a couple of turns that broke my back, now with the momentum at his back - this game will be over shortly. Heā€™s warped in DA TROOPS to steal ma HOUSEBOAT MACHINEā€¦GL HF everyone thatā€™s left! HOLLA AT ME NEXT TIME :wink:

We should 2v2 Tourney soon <3

It was a difficult victory but I managed to pull it out. Great game Houseboat!

Thanks for the update @HOUSEBOAT_THANGS and @Grunter
I have updated the first post to show the results.

I want to HOLD on the semi-final matches until @AnnanFay and I are done (just started Cycle 7 - close game that could go either way) since I think we all agree (especially @nick.muzzio ! :wink: that we want Jay to roll the code changes so Experimentation doesnā€™t hit locked tech.

BTW, any suggestions on the overall game design and parameters?
I did make a note to try to insure the layout is more spread out so that you donā€™t end up with trench warfare.

Be fun to do another tournament.

1 Like

EXP hits on weaps allow me to have something to pray for when Iā€™m in deep crap. Are you sure we want to get rid of them? Then Iā€™d have to win on my own merit and thatā€™s a daunting thought.

We could completely disable experimentation. As of the latest update we can now disable Experimentation and Banking without the game crashing.

1 Like