New Deployment

Hi Folks,

I just deployed a new build of the game in preparation for some bug fixing and upgrades. Although I have not changed any code yet, the Google Hosting system I have been using has changed significantly over the years. Please let me know if you experience any issues.

2 Likes

Cool. any hints on what upgrades you are considering?

I have to upgrade from Python 2.7 to Python 3 at some point.

It’s not very exciting I know.

1 Like

If we wanted exciting we wouldn’t be hooked on games that can last weeks to months. :grinning:

2 Likes

Great news you’ve got the development/deployment environment back up-in-running! :wink:

I think an old version of the scripts are being served right now. Will try and fix.

Update: I’ve now deployed the first real code change in a while. The game scripts are now served uncompressed. The overall bandwidth saving was very small, and the internet has come a long way in the last 8 years, it was really not needed any more.

I’ve done away with an additional build step that made the process of getting changes out more complicated than it needed to be.

1 Like

FYI I apparently can not access the np site at all in safari on my IPad. It was working fine an hour ago. No issues with chrome via android. Will soon check In via windows browsers. My iPad is at IOS 10.3.4, unable to upgrade, this wouldn’t be the first site that no longer works for it.

Thanks @wfmcgillicuddy I will check my iPad at home. I’m also on an old one that is no longer receiving updates.

Their might just be some weird issue where you need delete the cookies. I can’t think of a reason why it would not work anymore.

I hesitated to report this, as this sort of thing must drive you bonkers. I don’t want to discourage you from climbing back in the saddle!