New multiplayer maps?

Hi,

First, this is a great game. Thanks.

I was wondering how often (if ever) new multiplayer maps are added. I see a few maps labeled “New”. How new is new? I would love an 8 player map. There’s a big gap between 6 players and 12. I have about 8 friends who are interested in this game, and it’s a shame to exclude some due to a 6 player limit.

Ethan

First, I agree with you that it’s a great game! :wink:
Regarding the issue of updates, I am sorry to inform you that this game is no longer in active development, and no work has been done on it for some time.
The developer has moved on, and I don’t believe they have any further plans for this game. Therefore, it appears that we will have to make do with the game as it is, until we possibly get bored with it.
Good luck! I hope against hope this game is revived. :sweat_smile:

I just started my first two multiplayer games. A 3 person and a 4 person. Also just started the Human campaign. Try the 12 player game, have your 8 friends join, and open it up to 3-4 random players.

Any guesses on how quickly random players will join a map and whether they’ll stick to it?

Usually we play a 6 person map (though these days, only 5 are very actively interested, not 8, and we have a tough time getting that 6th — new request: 5 player maps, please :-D). We also are a bit idiosyncratic in that we are all in the same timezone, and we all agree to pause over night (families, so we can’t be up at a 2am alarm any more to make the next move in Blight) which seems weird if there is a “random” person who may not be in our same timezone. Would folks be accepting of that? Finally, we typically use a personal Discord server to chat about Blight — I guess we could try out the in-game chat instead?

Still a great game!

Hey @eaburns - odds are improved if you post the game link to the Discord channel (Blight of the Immortals)