Next 1v1 EPIC Tournament postponed for a bit

UPDATE: After several days, only had one player express interest … so will just be a 1v1 with @Ragowit which can be found here. So maybe after a month or so (or after the holidays), we’ll try again.

We’ve had some fun turn-based 1v1 tournaments using EPIC mirrored maps - the October tournament is wrapping up - ready for another one?

Same setup as before with the following mods from default params:
Weapons start at Level3 and are LOCKED (whoever gets W4 first has a too-big-of advantage)
Experimentation is LOCKED at Level1 and Manufacturing is Expensive to Research
EPIC (64 stars/player) Galaxy with Far Distances
HomeStar is 20/20/4 rather than 5/5/1
Starting Cash is $2000 (don’t spend it all at once, but lots of carriers to expand is recommended)
You start with ONE star that has 50 ships
The Map is MIRRORED … so you each have IDENTICAL starting positions.
Real-time games favor those who are willing to forgo sleep, so the play is turn-based SIX ticks/turn.

Since this is an EPIC map, it will take a while to play out … please do NOT sign up if you can’t commit to AT LEAST a move/day … ideally a couple/day to keep things moving along. Note that you are allowed 48 hours to submit which is to take care of the (hopefully very rare) situation where something comes up in RL and you can’t submit in a day. Since it is 1v1, there is no diplomacy (except razzing your opponent!) and with turn-based, if you are the 2nd person to submit (and advance the turn), then please try to make your subsequent moves and hit that SUBMIT button! :wink:

Hopefully we can keep things moving along so people aren’t delayed, but (assuming players start at about the same time), lets try to keep it to one month for any game/round but if everyone else finishes, then you have a week (and at least 2 cycles) to finish. Winner decided by most stars with tiebreaker being most ships. Stalling to win by time is lame (in NP and any sport), so please don’t abuse the time limits. Most of the tournament games finished in 2 weeks, so hopefully we can move along at a similar pace. I just don’t want people to have to wait around too long and lose interest.

If “something” comes up, the Tournament Director (that would be the Jolly Green Giant aka the Rule-Miester!) will attempt to make the fairest decision that benefits the most people. Sorry for all the fine-print legalese!

Please reply here if you’d like to join in on the carnage (and can commit to keep the games moving along) and I’ll setup the tournament!

I would like to join!

We didn’t get too much interest, so maybe best to take a break from 1v1’s for a bit… so I’ve changed the title of this post to reflect that and will just do a 1v1 with @Ragowit which can be seen here.

Note to self: Starting a 1v1 game with @Ragowit is NOT a good idea if you have stuff to do in RL! :wink:

The dead-even game is already at tick 60! :wink:

That about 25X fast …

1 Like

LOL we are at Tick #108 already!
I’ve got a slight lead, but @Ragowit is a formidable foe - he would have done well in the earlier 1v1 tournaments.

The game is really fun! But I feel that my lack of experience is killing me. I don’t think there is much hope for my empire. :slight_smile:

@Ragowit and I had one of the most quickest and furious 1v1’s I’ve played … almost as soon as I’d submit, he’d pop another turn in there … and vice versa. It was a good battle, but the Jolly Green Giant extended his lead and finally had an overwhelming margin, so @Ragowit conceded.

For a first-timer, he played extremely well … definitely a player to watch … out for! :wink:

I would like to join the no sleep version

Yessss

Joining