October/2018 1v1 EPIC Tournament with Mirrored Maps: Turn-Based

I’ll do my best!

I’m five stars up and have double the science, but I’m lacking in industry and ships on the board. The techs:

FYI that @Karmadrome and I have started our round #3 game …

@BelSon I’ll grab the second one, just jump in when you’re ready but I’m in no rush you can finish your game first.

@Affordable_Desk I’ve joined. Let’s get this game rolling!

Good job @Affordable_Desk and @BelSon - have updated first post.

After an initial fast & furious set of turns (I think both of us fail at NP Anonymous!), we are already 3 cycles in. @Karmadrome went heavier on Indy and is pulling ahead in ship count due to that plus superior play … whereas my investment in Science don’t seem to have done too much since we are even in Tech except I have B2 versus B1.

I score him with a slight lead at this point - if he just make a damn mistake to help me out! :wink:
How about about another Industry & Science on your home star @Karmadrome ?!?

A very frenetic start. I think it’s pretty even, to close to call at this stage.
The map is just crazy! There are no comfortable zones.
I think any mistakes are likely to be punished severely in this one…

Ditto what @Karmadrome said - truly a crazy map with attacks up-down pretty much all across the map, plus opportunities to shoot across. I made some lucky guesses and (my read) is I now have a slight lead … but that could easily swing back. A very challenging and fun game against a worthy opponent - I have to be VERY careful since if I make a mistake, @Karmadrome will pounce on it!

Am hoping before he makes his next move, he cracks open a bottle of Jameson and drains it … :wink:

I’ve been playing a little slow over the past few days – been extra busy with university assignments. Should be back to playing regularly in a day or so.

No sweat - stuff happens. @Karmadrome and I slowed down a bit as both of us had some RL stuff come up … but we still got at least a turn/day in … and my schedule opens up tomorrow … so I’m bringing on the full HULK SMASH! :wink:

It’s actually really cool we have gotten as many games/rounds in considering we started less than 2 weeks ago - good job everyone submitting.

No problem @BelSon the slow down has been welcome with the two games running in parallel. It allowed the Karma Army time to plan and execute a major offensive on @HULK who has been in full on Hulk Smash mode so far.
Too early to say whether it’s stopped the onslaught or just caused an inconvenience…

The Karma Army is being a MAJOR inconvenience!

FYI FWIW that I decided to throw caution to the wind and made a bold all-in move across the middle of the map from right to left. I was able to score a couple of stars in Karma’s neck of the woods, but it cost me … was already behind in ship count, and now over 200+ down. But I should be able to inflict some damage for him to reclaim, and hopefully I can hold on as I’ve got a 75-50 lead in star count … but that is mis-leading as it is still anyone’s ballgame.