Organizing a Team game

Great job pulling this together Brian - it ain’t easy getting 18 people to join in.

This should be a blast … and hopefully I’ll be doing some SMASHING … rather than getting SMASHED!

Then again, it’s Friday night - a Big Green Monster face-down in the gutter Sat AM ain’t a pretty … :wink:

1 Like

I’m strongly considering pausing just for tonight, as we have a couple people that haven’t submitted their turn. I won’t be doing this in general, but the first turn is kind of critical, and we did have a chaotic couple days leading up to getting started.

Please everyone, make sure you have submitted your turn. I’ll be resuming the game in 8hrs regardless. Good luck and have fun!

South East (DiscoJew, Snoogans, Jonboy) have managed to do well with their research considering that 2 of them are behind the average Science level. Guess they got lucky with Experimentation.

I don’t really understand how we (South West - LDG, TomKat, Spankster79) seem to have much fewer stars than everyone else too (comparatively across the total) - did we just have an aggressive AI near us or were there not an equal number in each of the corners?

South East is the Ender crew isn’t it?

Each starting position should have the same amount of stars, they might, however, be more or less distant from your home world.

Actually, the team totals are as follows:
Ender - 124
Fist - 129
Foxy - 107
West - 124
RG3 - 114
Common - 123

You guys have 12 unclaimed stars in your sector, which would take you to 119.

Some teams have pushed faster into the AI than others, but yes Qwerty is right, they should be distributed roughly equally.

Edit, Sorry, I was using old data. I fixed it.

I noticed that the SW alliances don’t have all their stars yet but the count of available stars seems to be pretty even for all the players. I hand counted the stars for SW and SE because I’m not in the game. 2 of the stars require hyperspace 3 to grab them but most of the ones still available are tech 1 and 2. SW hasn’t expanded as fast as other alliances yet. That might be part of their strategy or may be a late start by some of the players. Range or the number of stars is not an issue though.

The SW AI has the most stars.

I was the dedicated AI killer on my team, and sent all my expansion east, including a stargate or too to get there first. Admittedly it means that I’ve got the smallest empire of my team, but means the other two members of my team have lots of growing room.

Yeah I noticed that AI had expanded more. It my must have randomly prioritized that your direction was best. Leaving you less available stars.

When fighting AI, they expand fast, so you have to rush them.

I know im way late to respond to this but We’re gonna be doing some F.I.S.T.ing rather than getting F.I.ST.ed

I have created a gif of the team game up to Tick150.
I used some photoshop tricks to remove the solid stars in my empire / team’s empire and the glow from warp gates.

I am having trouble uploading the file. I am sure it is less than the 2048kb limit and have saved smaller file sizes that still fail. Hulk any ideas?

So I have put it on Google Drive (dropbox didn’t display animated gif).

So using Imjur BB codes work.

1 Like

That’s so cool, can’t wait to see how it progresses from here =)

Myk did you get my PM on Hangouts? I am trying to work out why you and Bill are not accessing the group hangout.

I replied in the other thread, but yea, I ran into the same problem - you need to sign up for an imgurl account to get bigger size …

Déjà vu
:wink:

Is that a subscription? Monthly cost?

I just signed up for the free account … rather than anonymous upload.

I didn’t know you could do an anonymous upload, I just created an account and uploaded.
Where is the option for having a large screen link like you did? What option did you use?
BB code?

I finally got Myk on the Hangout after some testing and research.

If anyone has an issue getting on the hangout, and they have been invited, then tell them they need to:

1. go to the hangouts box
  2. click the wee arrow on the right
  3. go to “Hangouts invitations”
  4. find their invite there.

The Hangouts box can be located on your Google+ page on the right. Click on the Hangouts word at the top and it rolls out a whole column box.
Or if you have the Chrome Extension it has it’s own popup box.

1 Like

Don’t know if I missed this somewhere in the thread… but was there a reason the map was split into 2 sections this way? Seems like a pretty big disadvantage to be one of the two central teams.

I know it’s pointless to criticize at this stage, but for future teams games I would have thought it would balance out much better if the 6 team areas all had roughly equal gaps in between each other. Great map otherwise.