Private Match Changes? 16 Player Cap

As a lifetime premium member, I was surprised to see today that I can no longer start games with over 16 players? My school has been establishing a long tradition of Neptune’s pride, and we have a large enough following of local players that we have established regular 24 player games for almost a year straight. Now, I can no longer start these games for my school… Is there any chance it could be reestablished?

1 Like

It should be noted, I started a 24 player game ~30 days ago, so this change is rather new.

This change coincided with the removal of the regular 64 player games. See this thread for details.

Changes between 5th-25th July:

• 64 Player games are replaced with a rotation of several different Ultra 32 player maps. (different home star layouts)
  • Max players for custom games reduced from 32 to 16.
  • The conqueror badge is now rewarded for winning Ultra games.
  • Help files modified with above changes. A few typos fixed.
  • Proteus combat results now show winning player colour.

It’s possible there’s a way around the changes to maximum player count, I’ve not tested it, but I’d much rather the change comes from @JayKyburz. Maybe a maximum star count would be a better restriction. Jay’s not yet commented on why the change to custom games was made, I assume it’s because there are performance issues with really large games.

Hey, I just replied to @Jsd789 via email. (he mailed me as well.)

I’m happy to create a special game for his school group as needed. Offer applies to anybody else. You just need to email me.

Thanks Jay, I replied to your email. May I suggest re-adding the 24/32 player options, and instead providing a “Very Tiny” star count setting with 5 or 6 stars per player? Nobody wants a 200+ star map anyway in this small pocket of New York players that love NP :slight_smile:

Have you guys tried Proteus yet?

I’m playing a Triton game again after a while off and I think I much prefer Proteus now.

Perhaps I can make you a Proteus Game next time?

I will make your game as per your email now.

1 Like

Sure, we’d love to give it a go for our next game!

I play Neptune’s Pride because I want to. The latest, unhappy changes keep devaluing the investment in RL$ that I have put into this game… reassignment of the Conqueror badge will tick off, rightly, the 64p holders … and restrictions to creating a 16p game cap is indefensible…

I love this game, but after spending $211 over 5 years and being on the end of summary changes I have no input to is getting me fed up…

I am a teacher at a school with a tradition of starting a Holiday NP game with my students, but I went to go create that game today and noticed this change as well. What was the reasoning for changing the amount of players available in the creation of custom games? We easily filled up games of 24 students as well. I would also like to see this functionality returned in custom games, if possible.

Hey @Samvega, can you contact me via jay@ironhelmet.com and I will help you out with this.