@MalcolmReynolds What’s the current status of the Q series? When’s the next one happening?
Very soon. Q11 will probably finish in 9h, with Arnold Schwarzenegger winning by a factor of almost 3x the 2nd place player’s star count, in a rare trifecta finish for an alliance of 3 players who all started as immediate neighbors in a circular galaxy with close home star distance. Q12 will be created within 48h of the finish. I’ll post the link here and send out the emails as usual.
N.B., all: the Q series of NP games is in no way affiliated with QAnon, despite the concurrent rise in popularity.
- 16 players
- dark galaxy enabled
- custom galaxy type
- close starting distance (via custom galaxy)
- plentiful resources
- 16 ticks per production
- 1 star, 100 ships, $1000 to start
- $25/level to trade techs with scanned players only
- Experimentation locked at 2; Banking locked at 4; Hyperspace Range locked at 6
- cheap Terra; cheap Scanning, starting at 4; expensive Weapons, starting at 2
- turn-based, 8 ticks per turn, 12h deadline
What does it mean to be the quickie? WHAT DOES IT MEAN?