Quake

Here’s a screenshot at the end of cycle 22. The outer alliance has taken out Sparr and SlowAndSteadySlugs … but the inner alliance is pushing out as the carnage ensues. While I’m still hoping that Hulk and Blog can do a green sweep of the board, realistically we might end up seeing what happens when Blog tries to assimilate Hulk and/or Hulk SMASHES Blob.

Looks like we’ve reached a bit of a stalemate as no changes in the map for the last 5 turns:

Voronoi Test #3

2 Likes

Beautiful! This should be put in the main game (without the voronoi cell lines, just the borders).

Wow, that’s so cool!

Very cool image @AnnanFay which player are you in the game?

I’ve been traveling the last week (got home at 2:30AM due to delayed flight - don’t the airlines know I need to conquer the universe?!? :wink: … but here’s a snapshot at Cycle 26, Tick 632. Notable changes are Tusk (purple circle) unfortunately just bailed, Valhallan (orange square) just captured another core (he should be the eventual winner), and the jolly green giant has picked up a few stars.

Thanks :slight_smile: I’m not in the game, just found this topic and thought the map looked cool.

I’m working on making a public version but it’s a few weeks off. Glad people like it!

Congratulations to Valhallan for a deserved victory - in the end fighting off 2 players with a greater joint ship count to take the lead and go on to win.

I posted this in game, but as it’s over, I am not sure anyone will see it.

In case anyone didn’t have enough fun with this map, I made another one!
Ok, it’s not Quake based, but I think it’ll be interesting.

16 players, FA enabled, scan trade

password: game on

It is random hex, but based on a grid of a large square with each corner comprised of a smaller square of homeworlds.

Pass the word!

Yea, was a fun game - surprised how well the somewhat linear map played out … and a big attaboy to the players who worked together - it’s a big trust leap!

I was part of the center alliance with Valhallan and Silent One, but as I proposed in the game, it was turning into a drudge as was mostly just pushing ships … and would have taken a very long time for Valhallan to get enough stars for the win. So while I could have gotten into 3rd place, Panda Bear (aka Myk) created the game and fought well … so figured he deserved something for that … and I just proposed we all quit in sequence … so we can move on to conquering other galaxies! :wink:

I like the cell lines. I think they add to the effect.