Question about Messages to multiple players

I just started a new game with 64 players so I feel compelled to send messages to multiple people at the same time

But I just realized, I have no idea if they can read the messages that players are sending back in response. For example:

To: Player X
Player Y
Player Z

Message Sent

From: Player Y in response to that multiple player message

My question, can these players all read what everyone else is saying?

Or

Am I the only one able to see their responses?

I apologize if this question has already been asked or if it’s in the help section. I couldn’t really find anything after looking for a couple of minutes on it.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can answer my question.

If people can write in a message thread, they will also see all the messages written. If you want to have a private 1on1 conversation, you have to send separate messages.

1 Like

You can copy/paste a singular message into multiple separate 1on1 conversations to save time… But remember that if you actually want to make an alliance with someone, it helps to personalize the message and write more than one sentence. When I get a message out of the blue like “Hey, want to form an alliance?”, I’m very wary of agreeing to work with someone who can’t take the time to write a little something. It could be a sign of how the whole relationship will go.

1 Like

I’m very new. So I was more concerned about group conversations and not so much spamming the same message to other players 1 on 1

Thank you for the input though

1 Like

Hi want to ally.

1 Like

As the thread started, I’ll also ask: how do you mention people in 64 players match?
I’ve played before, and there was a bar for that, but now it’s abcent

Right click on a star they occupy while writing your message. That’s what I’ve found to be easiest.

If you are on mobile, the option above is not viable. The bar is absent because it’s too many players… the bar would be microscopic.

Each player has a number corresponding with their name. One option is to message yourself each number, which will translate into the player names once sent, and use that as a key for future messages. But it’s a lot of work.

To do so, the following format is what I do
1 [[1]]
2 [[2]]
3 [[3]]
And so on…

You have to have the double brackets to create the link. You can also link star names this way. I almost never play NP on a computer anymore so, this has come in handy for me from time to time.

1 Like

It would be quite easy to make that bar scrollable, IMHO…

You can use the intel page to get the correspondence between player and number
The one in the top left (blue circle) is number 0, the one in the bottom right is number “number of players -1” (in 64p game, purple pill is number 63)

If you go to the right you add 1, if you stay in the same column and go down you add 8
For example cyan circle is number 1, purple circle is number 7, blue square is number 8, cyan square is number 9, purple square is number 15, etc

1 Like

You still need to extract them manually

Did not know that. Good to know. I figured there was some formula for it… not sure that way is any easier than my way, unless you have a great memory :smiley: