Suggestions

Thanks for the heads up. I will try and track it down.

So much this. It stinks to spend Valour to add to your hand to discover the previous player likely dropped out because they had a really, really bad deck.

Jay would you ever consider adding a Submit Turn button on multi-player? Back in the day we used to play a turn-based game called STARS! Every week we’d turn in our turns on a 3.5" floppy. The admin would run the turn then save all the results back to the disk and we’d go another turn the next week.

HOWEVER, every other Friday we’d meet up and have a game night. On THOSE nights, we’d play 10 or 15 turns back to back in order to progress the game faster.

Suggestion/Question: Do you think you could add a “submit turn” option to the game where the game admin could then advance the game 6 hours (like in Single Player) so that people could quickly move through a multiplayer game (like we do for Single Player)?

I would like some form of turn based multiplayer, I’m unsure if fixed 6 hours turns would work, but any turn based option would be nice.

Agreed - doesn’t have to be 6 hours. Was using that as an example since it’s in the single player. Glad to know I’m not the only one!

As the creator of a new map/game, can we have the ability to “kick” users?

2 Likes

Or maybe a vote? Make it so if 1/2 of the players agree, they can vote off a player?

No, I think as the Admin, they have the right to kick whoever they please…

See, I worry that leads to a situation as Admin that other players will feel obligated to keep them happy. I can easily see a situation where the Admin says “hey, give me 20 mana” and if the other player doesnt – they get the boot. It could be outright extortion, or a much more subtle process (just generally wanting to keep an Admin happier than the other players because you dont want to make them angry). Or situations where a player has a resource, and two others want it – and they will default to the Admin because they, again, want to keep the admin happy (or at least happier than the other guy, with no meta ability).

I’m not sure thats fair.

As an Admin I think you’re kind of reserving that right. A ‘mature’ player isn’t going to abuse the power; instead likely to use it for the betterment of the group.

I feel its almost a self regulating power. I know anyone who did this to me would likely be someone where I would never join another game with them again.

You have way more faith in (online gaming) humanity than I do. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d love an option to disable the scroll-wheel zooming feature…

My magic mouse on my mac give me headaches when it like to randomly zoom-in and out!

I will make a note of this and next time i’m adding some options I’ll add this one. Thanks for the suggestion.

I’m a huge fan of stars.

The game administrator can right now pause MP games and there is a button to jump ahead in time. There is nothing stopping a group of folks from getting together and playing a whole game in a single sitting right now.

edit: right now the jumps are only 6 hours, but could be persuaded to add some other options.

1 Like

Oh gosh – I never even thought of that as a way to play. Intrigued.

When recruiting unit, which spawned on claim, (Those, which are added to collection, if you do so.) would be very neat if somewhere it would be clearly shown, that you have or don’t have such in your collection, and if have, how many. Player anyway can anytime look at own collection, but it is not comfortable,when game could do it for you.

1 Like

What about a bot (hook) on the backend that, whenever an AFK is officially detected (however that happens), automatically makes a forum post in a specific category (e.g. “Blight/Vacancies” or something) with a generic description and link to the game? This would both give a nice easy filter for people looking to jump into an existing game, and it might mean AFKs are replaced more quickly.

1 Like

I’d also love a button for “show all my troop movements”. It would be especially helpful at game start and any transitional phases, basically any time I’ve got a lot of troops in one area and I want to spread them out to cover several objectives. Clicking through every unit to see where that unit is going is very cumbersome when all I want to do is make sure someone is on their way to the mana pool, or whatever.

2 Likes

Just trying out the admin ability to jump forward 6 hours, I’m surprised at how quick it is, is there any chance (or have an option to) to speed up/ remove the “jumping x hour ahead” in single player?

1 Like

Jay -

RE: Admin being able to pause or jump the game forward 6 hours. Could you tell me what I’m missing? I don’t see any button(s) like what you’re describing.

If you are the game Admin, on the Options screen you will see a Game Admin section with options to Pause the game and jump ahead 6 hours.

1 Like