Summer Reading

@JayKyburz I just ordered Xeelee Sequence from Amazon based on your mention in one of these threads. It occurs to me that you should set yourself up as an Amazon Affiliate and encourage you and your community to recommend and click thru to books. Another revenue opportunity for my favorite developer?

I did look into it. I was thinking of having ads for great books instead of random google banner ads on the site.

I thought it would be a good way to promote the authors I like, and make sure that all the ads are related to the game and not too spammy.

I should look into it again one day.

I might have to reread it again. Can you get them all in one book these days?

Are we recommending great Space Opera Sci-Fi that span millennia? I just read Ancillary Justice, by Ann Leckie - and highly recommend it.

now reading The Windup Girl - also thumbs up (so far)

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm for books, and here’s to many more years of happy reading adventures, whether it’s reminiscing about the past or diving into new literary worlds!

It’s amazing to see your enduring passion for discovering new reads, even a decade down the line! The Xeelee Sequence seems like a captivating choice, and your suggestion about setting up as an Amazon Affiliate could have been a fantastic way to support JayKyburz and the community back then.
If you’re still in the mood for some engaging reads, why not explore the novels by Colleen Hoover? Her books offer immersive storytelling experiences perfect for enjoying during the summer or any time of year. You can explore her collection at Colleen Hoover Books in Order: A Complete Guide - Bookworm Era and perhaps discover a new favorite to add to your list.