Suspecting multi-account

It doesn’t have to be a coincidence, its more likely its not a coincidence… because the same person is more likely to choose a similar name again then it is that a different person will choose a similair name.

Just wanted to ask anyway because it has been annoying to me in past game and Id rather avoid it for the future or clear the air completely from the mess…

He can say there not the same person… or something that would clear it up.

Dark start and trading within scan range can put a damper on this sort of cheating.

I suppose some players may not feel confident in their own skills or lack ability to improve their own skills, so may try to use multi-account cheating. I suppose these players may be easy to defeat in battle. Somewhere you should draw a line in the sand, make a judgment call, and decide whether that player is willing to learn to do better, or is just anti-social. You could either teach them to play better and not cheat, which is a point of meaning when playing any game as well as in real life, or else you call Jay in to investigate.

Cheating can be difficult to prove, because players who do not know each other can be using a school library wi-fi IP.
Sometimes it is two separate friends or roommates who use the same IP, and may be allies in many games.

Indeed, when proteus is out it will be mitigated abit with the scan trade.

Theres always excuses to why cheaters are not cheating… and some of the excuses will be the same as non cheaters excuses, its just depends how smart they are at lieing.

Even in that case you can still easily tell when there cheating if I am honest, you cant get hard proof maybe but you can make a judgement call that they are defiantly cheating even though you are not legitimately aloud to ban them because there is no real proof.

I once found two people who were roommates and were good team mates, and I never once accused them of cheating because I knew they was not cheating.

When they are making like 5 accounts all with similar names and talking exactly the same… you can kind of tell its the same person, though I cant prove this is the case and I am no longer allowed to interrogate more accounts lol

Ultimately finding a cheater is like deciding which one of your kids stole a cookie from the cookie jar, you just know who it was because its always the same one.

And even if they are bad the cheater still gets twice as many ships and can be impossible to defeat even if he just copys your exact infrastructure…

Because you need to leave ships behind on your star while you attack them, meaning half your ships you need to leave behind and half your ships you attack with, you cant just throw every ship at them because they just jump straight past you into your own territory to counter attack…

Meaning if they have double ships they have twice as many ships to attack and twice as many ships to defend if they abandon stars for each other and one just defends and one attacks. Which is exactly what a good team should do if you dont care which one person in your team actually wins.

And when they do this every game and somehow still dont have any renown or wins because its the same person on a different account.

I might still be complaining about the same person accidentally.

EDIT: Dont spank me.

If it is easily apparent in-game, then point it out to other players and build an alliance against them in every game.
When they lose too many games, maybe they will lose interest.

Or else contact Jay.

Either way spank those cheaters.

1 Like

This is comedy gold. I saw this thread title and i just chuckled. I knew it was going to revolve around us. You seriously took to the forums to accuse jug and myself as multi/cheating? When you join a new game it legit encourages you to invite your friends and co-conspire against everyone else in the game, which is exactly how we handled the two games we decimated you in. As we said in the two games we played together multiple times, we arent the same person, we arent even living within 1000 miles of each other.

We also told you that we havent played in years and this was the first two games we have played in at least like 3-4 years. Yet here you are accusing me of being some other guy in another game.

I have never given all my stars/infrastructure to jug and hes never done that to me. if we are playing a game, we play to win it.

please don’t bring it out here where we all have to listen to it.

Accusations of cheating are against the rules. @AlienGamer knows it now.

1 Like