The good old days

Also Dex, dont reference harming Jays revenue as a motivator to keep players happy :stuck_out_tongue: thats got a tax feel to it and even though them toxics costed ten bloody dollars each, they still got banned after Mantis and I abused them :stuck_out_tongue:

Like I probably would have gifted Jay fifteen toxics for removing 64 matches, and i doubt the first thought would of been hey hey look at dat revenue

Lmaooo

@Slicertos1, If you like the game so much, you’d think there would be just a little more respect for the designer…

Clearly @VinegarStrokes name is not being banned. If you choose a name like that, you really ought to be able to take bit of push back. The response from @xjhdexter was mild, if overprotective. Certainly not a ban.

A while back I also was warned by a handful of players to avoid @Slicertos1 like the plague. I decided to trust him instead and we had a great alliance. While I can partially vouch from experience for his in game ability and cooperation, I can see multiple reasons just within the above posts that many dislike or distrust him. I’d take TLH’s advice on that front. Also, you may not want to post about getting your girlfriend to play so you can have an ally and then her sending you money for a few cycles… some people would view that as playing two accounts… that and the conceding early thing.

Where I do think that he has a point though, is that in all the “advertising” or “incentivizing” of joining as a lifetime premium player, there has always been the vow or pledge to open source game material if Jay is unable to run it for some reason. If 64 player games were the reason that @Slicertos1 purchased the lifetime account, perhaps, in keeping with that pledge, he could be set up with the ability to run his own server to do 64 player games?

2 Likes

Not unless you started playing when you were 12. Because early days in NP1 I figured out that the guy that was playing very erratically, but kicking my butt, was playing right before he left f to take the school bus, when he got back home, after soccer practice, and after homework. Back in the day when you could play premium for free by harvesting credits in beginner games. So he didn’t even need mom’s credit card.

lmao, I was 12 when I made my first account :joy:

Technically 11, but closer to 12. You can probably reasonably predict my age right now, but yea, I was pretty low on the age range in this game…

1 Like

don’t look at me. I was in my mid 40’s. and I know people who are older than I am on here.

1 Like

Agreed. Premium account (especially lifetime accounts) cost $50. And for a browser game, that is quite a lot. People buy premium off of the incentive and trust that the game would keep its functions and continue to flourish. However, once you take away one of the main game modes you definitely should at least make it available for others still, even if it isn’t a default game mode. I don’t think @Slicertos1’s execution of his point was the best, but his point is valid and definitely something worth thinking about. It’s not like we have just started asking for 64 player games to return. We have asked for it ever since you took it out. I remember even starting a petition with a couple of friends around a ago with @Smulm (who also quit after 64 players went away) since so many of us wanted it back. This isn’t just some small problem or thing that just started to come up. It’s been a huge problem that has been around for years.

1 Like

I really dont want to quit NP, joined two more 32 player matches, managed to place near ungoliant. but fuck sake i am just done with settling for this PG rated extra easy difficulty 32 player match. I WANT 64 please! They were a feature when i paid for my membership, 32 players is simply not epic enough for me to care. Im trying but god damn, just give us what we want please! Let the 32 fans (that i can only assume actually exist but dont own keyboards?) battle it out in a custom map. We want the real thing pls!

I have finally decided to quit NP as well. 64 player games were honestly the only fun mode in NP and I have wanted it back ever since it went away. So far, I have kept myself busy with 1v1 tournaments and custom games, but nothing can really replace those epic 64 player games.

I helped make a petition years ago in hopes that @jaykyburz would listen and eventually add it back again, but after waiting and waiting, I have waited enough. I will keep in touch with some friends I have on NP in case they want to play a 1v1 or a fun custom game together, but overall, I will not be playing NP anymore.

Due to the wildfires, my internet and power were knocked out, and I am just going to take that as a sign for me to finally rid myself of beating a dead bush and just quit. I will be active on the forums and will check in from time to time to see if 64 player games come back, but I have waited enough. I’ve decided to start playing fps games more frequently instead.

I thank all the players that I have played with over the years, and I have had LOTS of fun with you all. I wish you all the best of luck moving forward and I hope to see you again in the future!

2 Likes

Goodluck to you! ill be doing likewise keeping my ear to the dirt incase 64s are reinstated. i am playing a couple of 32 player games. but thats only because ungoliant and a few others are playing.

Please bring back 64s before april 2021 !!

64 all the way. Also sad to see all the old timers gone :frowning:

1 Like

Got a bit of an update about 64 player games from Jay

"Unfortunately there are technical issues on the Google App Engine side that are preventing the 64 player games. It’s not that I just don’t want to run them.
Hopefully one day I’ll be able to resolve those issues and we’ll give them another run!"

Thought you guys would want to know! Hope 64 returns soon!

3 Likes

Much appreciated! The ultra match is listed as 64 player again! so i think we’re not far off from having them back :smiley:

see how my bitching works miracles

your bitching is better than your NP2 strategy.

2 Likes

LOL. Speaking of bitching, there’s someone in the pending ultra match named Vinniestrokes that doesn’t have your stats… i might have to kill again bro

err

who the fuck are you?

Wed 7 Oct 10:03

1 VinnieStrokes
I go by many names.

3 Slicertos
Copying someone elses name shouldn’t be one of them. You’re not Vinegarstrokes

yeah, there’s another one named Balsamicstrokes - let them have their banter

1 Like

This all worked out real well. Happy to be here Gentlemen