The Great Alt Epidemic!

It could only really work for turn based games though, since this would delay the start of games and therefore break the workaround for getting a reasonable start time – only joining games that are almost full.

I like the idea of being assigned to random games as well. I was thinking for for league games, you simply add your name to a list, then when the list has enough names for 4 games, you would be randomly placed in one of them and the game would start.

Also, on the list is “Team Games”. I’m not sure what it means exactly but it will have fixes alliances and a shared victory!

5 Likes

One way to create games is have a post that says 4 or 5 standard games will be created at this time and ask people to join them. Also limit the games that are created to 2 times a week so you get more of a flood of people joining instead of having it all spread out. Maybe a clock that ticks down to the next set of games to be created could work.

I think games also need to start on the hour. Like 4:00 or 11:00. Not in the middle of an hour like 4:23, that is very confusing to time anything right. I would rather look at my clock and be able to time things accurately so I can make better game decisions.

If you are going to be creating leagues I would like to see two different versions, the live game league and a turn based league.

Do you like playing both, or do you just want to make sure the TBG dont miss out?

I have moved over to playing turn based games and am not sure I would join a league if it had real time games.

2 Likes

wouldn’t be fair to the people who are actually playing with friends. Like me. Two games now have been ruined by you douche bags who insist on teaming up on me and then my friend. The FAQs even say not to accuse other players of cheating because nothing can be proved and at best all you’re doing is ruining a perfectly good game for someone else.

2 Likes

Well, the entire game is about teaming up on someone. Fight a 1-1 battle, and you both lose. Fight a 2-1 battle, and both guys win. Pretty much same as any diplomacy game.

There’s some strategy in the mechanics, but it’s really all about getting people to join your gang, and, if you’re really good, doing the old “Let’s you and him fight” routine.

1 Like