Tournament Sign-ups

Not played in a tournie before. I’ll have a go.

I’m in for all configurations

I’ve won before against enemies who enjoyed that weapons bonus, Hero, and, I admit, won exactly because of it, so I can see the issue there.

How about this: we make weapons research more expensive, so that first Exp drop won’t automatically bless someone with that game-changer weapons bonus. While not locked, weapons will also be harder to advance, thus prolonging that early weapons bonus for defenders that Alien savors, best of both worlds.

1 Like

I like this idea. Done it before and it worked well. It should probably balance it out more than starting at level 3.

I’ve had games that were fun with level 1 tech across the board but cheap scan and range and harder weapons. That might be an option here

1 Like

Wasn’t able to to @ Jay for some reason.

Anyways, it’d be cool if this was a big thing that lots of players joined, not hurt a niche tournament that only the dedicated people who frequent the forums can join. Any way we could get this attached to the front page?

Well I dont savour the early weapons bonus lol, it was just an idea to keep weapons locked so that no one can take advantage of getting weapons it makes it less about who gets weapons and who moves there ships around.

If weapons is more expensive then when someone researches weapons the other person has to wait longer to equalize on weapons, the kind of opposite thing I was suggesting with locking weapons ;p I really dont care what the rules, as long as there fun to play.

If we dont want exp to land on weapons we could just disable exp?

Would be a good idea if Jay could put it on front page.

The front page of where.

When you decide the rules, I will post to Twitter and Facebook and try and fill up as many seats as you need.

I think he means this front page lol

any chance??

I’m in for a tourney. Did I miss the sign up?

How do I join?

your in, you just had to post here lol

Would anyone be interested in starting the game with 10 stars, and a 10-10-4 home star? I set it to start with level 3 tech only because of what hero suggested but I thought that just starting with 3 hyperspace is abit silly because scanning is 2 levels behind, so scanning is kind of pointless.

I’m good with whatever :slight_smile:
When you start the game, would you send me an IM here, so I get an email? That way it won’t take me too long to join. I usually only check in here every few days.

when is the tourny going to start and we need to set up times since we all have way different time zones

are we going to have it in tiers with different starts for each group (1v1, 2v2) or all at once

we need to quickly hash out the details on the rules so we can set an end date for signups so we can get this from the planning stage to the tournament stage

Agreed with Victreebel. I am on the U.S Eastern Standard Time, and am mostly free to start whenever.

The exact rules don’t bug me, so long as weapons aren’t locked, but in the end I can be flexible for the sake of advancing the actual tournament. (I don’t rate my chances very high, anywho)

Also, send me a private message, as with saradav, I may not catch it otherwise. I check in every few days, sometimes more, sometimes less, but a private message from here should do the trick, I think, to get my attention.

1 Like

Rules are set, there is no need to worry about the time we all must play at least one game against everybody so it does not matter when you play it as long as it gets played. If the game is not started within 7 days then person or people who did not join will be forfeited, unless there is a valid reason like you can only play 2 games then it is ok.

Please post the person you want to team with so I can add the teams together, if you dont care who it is with then just post random I will give you a random person.

If you dont want to do 2v2 there is no need to do anything.

The rules have been updated in the top of the thread. Didn’t notice that.

Anyways, count me in for 1v1s and 2v2s. I’ll post again with my teammate once he gets back to me.

How is this going to work? Are we doing a bracket system? Also in team games will the winner be decided my the first player to reach the win number, or whenever the opposing team is defeated.

Make sure formal alliances are enabled.

Jay- could you blast this on social media to get a bigger response? Maybe even put a popup notifications for every player that shows up one time so the word can get out more.

Please add me to the bowl;)

I wouldn’t mind teaming up with Praxus, if he’s willing. HipsterFleet is also another good player I think I can work with well in a 2v2. I’d be happy to play with Victreebel too, if she/he likes, also.

1 Like

What about me, I have access to the server.

1 Like