Trade Restrictions in Proteus

I second what @HULK is on about =]

Also think this would be a huge win for team based competition! @HULK

Thanks Jay … and hopefully since you have this generation code working for Proteus (and at one time was creating mirrored maps in NP), it will be pretty easy.

Again, no big deal if it doesn’t work all the time. Heck, right now, I can easily create a dozen+ maps in order to get a semi-decent/balanced one.

It can’t be completely broken otherwise new players will try it out, and come away with a negative impression of the game.

Only Premium Players can create maps … and since we are mostly battle scarred veterans, newbies won’t see it.

Plus put a BIG DISCLAIMER that it MAY NOT CREATE USABLE MAPS … in which case, just delete it and try again. But yes, presumably it will work SOME of the time … :wink:

P.S. And if you want someone to Beta test this, just give me a holler.

Please don’t remove the cash trading. There’s no need to remove it. I have on occasion sent credits to players to help fortify a high resource star or to pad my meat shield.

In one game, one of my allies was attacked by 3 players.
I was on the opposite side and unable to assist with ships.
2 of the players decided to give their stars away to the other guy and he got enormous in a matter of a day or two. There was no way he could defend, and then it’d be my turn.
So I did the only sensible thing and dumped every credit I earned on my meat shield. His puny 9 star empire held out against someone 3 times his size for probably 2 weeks before he finally started to turn the tide and grow.
We had a blast watchting the fleets grow in size in what we assumed was mild frustration at not being able to roll over such a small empire. It was one of the funnest rounds I’ve played and one of our other allies was able to take the win due to our teamwork. I gave him $, another ally gave him tech, and we built ships while he let the opponent destroy them on the best meat shield this game has probably ever seen. He even earned the badass badge from the opponent so we assume he enjoyed the match as well.

If there were ANY restriction on $, I would say restrict sending $ when a game begins and maybe limit it to something like 50% of $ spent on your own empire.
So only after spendin, at least $100 on myself, could I send anyone up to $50. This restriction wouldn’t affect any legitimate players as most spend most of their $1000 on the first cycle and by the time they could send $500 they’ve spent a lot more than they cound make. Maybe even lower that to 20%. At 20% it wouldn’t affect legitimate players and anyone wanting to try to cheat would have to spend a minimum of $833 on themselves to be able to send their remaining $166 (rounding down) which after spending your own $1000 doesn’t make you OP. Depending on your star cluster you might be able to afford 1 to 3 more things. Not enough of an advantage to do much with.

Yes! Great story @MurasakiNoKaze

Its this kind of thing I decided not to remove cash. I think i’m fairly happy with what is in the game now and I think the ledger screen is working well.

Yeah, while my allies and I share freely amongst ourselves, it’s interesting to see who struggled the most. Also, how much it takes to pull off things like this impossible citadel