Trying to figure out something strange

I am in a turn based game and all other players but one have either quit or AFK’d. My one opponent just jumped levels in 4 different techs in one tick. I can’t figure out how they were able to do this. I’ve attached screenshots of the intel log showing each jump. Am I just confused? How is this possible?

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help my understand this one :smile:
-Miko

They probably traded with the AIs.

How to you mutually trade with an AI? I know you can send them tech, but how do you work out what they send you in return?

You don’t know. there is an 80% chance that they will send back something they know that you dont. Relative tech levels don’t seem to have anything to do with it either. You can send them a level 2 and get a level 9 in return!

Also the AI MUST have the money on hand to do this, so its best done right after a production cycle otherwise a broke AI wont be able to afford to send. And they wont “remember” either. After you send refresh the browser. If you didn’t get a tech back, your not going to.

That’s how I understand it works anyway.

good to know, I wasn’t aware of this, thanks!

I will try and make a little note on the empire screen about this rule.

You can also successfully trade with an AI at any time (80% chance still applies) if you also send them enough cash so they can afford to do the trade.

haha, I never thought of this.

Really? I’ve always done it.