Very First Test of Colossus

I’ll fix some bugs and be looking for new testers early next week.

The perks are not working right now, but will be soon. This is my next to do. (thought I might try and do some of the art for the game first)

Each giant will have a random set of 4 or 6 of 8 or 12 possible perks that a player can choose to buy as the game progresses. These are the last features in the game and it will be essentially feature complete.

The rest of my time will be spent trying to make it easy to learn and look good.

1. Yes
  2. Yes. But not if a giant is standing in the hex.
  3. The giant will be ready to move in the next turn.
  4. There is no such thing as a hero. I will try and remove any references to heroes in the next test.
1 Like

I’m down when another one opens!

I believe there is an error in drawn borders.
Blue being on the left and red on right.

Yeah, there is some weirdness about how I am wrapping the tiles in the map.

Will fix it up when I do all the graphics properly.

I noticed something interesting. When I hit CTRL+R, the tile borders are as in the image above, but after pressing the refresh button in game, the borders rearrange correctly.

If two hostile Giants meet, who gets to attack first? What are the two numbers under a giant? (What’s his strength and life?)

Attack is Black, Health is Red. Hope to make that clearer with Hearthstone style icons later.

Yes, the borders work out which side of hex they need to be on when you refresh, but if you drag the map they “wrap around” to the other side. When you refresh the calculate again. I just need to do it every frame instead.

I created a discord channel and will be hanging out there all day during business hours this week looking to try out game games. It has both voice and text like skype.

I might have to fix bugs on the fly as we go. In our current game is says everybody is ready but the turn has not progressed.

1 Like

I have noticed that It said I submitted the turn already, but I could not remember whether I really pressed that.

I discovered that when we rejoined our game I forgot to make the seats not ai any more. Fixing now.

Sign me up!

When two giants meet, who attacks first?

Even though attacks are animated in order, even units that are killed get a chance to return thier attack.

Dont forget if anybody want to try a game I’ll be hanging out in Discord all day today.

1 Like

This still going?

I would also like to try this out, it sure looks fun!

The test died kind of fast. There were all kind of problems with it.

Penny and I have made a fairly substantial pivot and will be looking for playtesters in the next week or two. Just want to make it a little less buggy.

This looks like a lot of fun. Sign me up when the next game is ready!

I’d love to test this! It looks great! I am an avid settlers player. Sign me up!

The game has deviated quite significantly as we try out different ideas. Penny and I are trying to get ready for a new test, but we keep changing things to try and make it more fun.

I’d love to be involved in the next test whenever it happens!