Why do inactive players get removed from leader-board but not quitters?

Having had a several month hiatus from NP2 and now coming back to it, this still bugs me.

I agree with not placing AFK-ers on the final board, but I think it would be better to keep them on the leaderboard whilst the game is playing out. If nothing else, it’s handy to be able to see how many stars they’ve got left at a glance.

2 Likes

Ditto what others said in that AFK’s should be on the leaderboard plus their real names should be shown at the end.

2 Likes

agree with Hulk, and the rest. they should be on the list. to see who they are, and to see how many stars they have.

OK, there seems to be a good consensus that AFKers should be left on the scoreboard, just maked as AFK.

I will put this back to how it used to be tomorrow.

Don’t say I never listen to the community!

Jay.

You rock Jay!

Yes I do.

Although for a few hours today nobody could buy careers because I messed up a bug fix. I guess I don’t rock too hard.

pushed this change right now. Please email me if you see anything broken or I misunderstood what I was supposed to be doing. :slight_smile:

So AFK AI’s can place for rank too now since they are in the leaderboard correct? (just like “QUIT” AI’s)

No No, I read back through the thread and I think I did misunderstand what people wanted.

AFK players will never rank . They should not be on the leaderboard.

At the bottom of the list will be the AFKers as it was, but I have added the star count of the player, and when the game is over, the players true alias.

You have always been able to click on the players name to bring up their empire summary screen. I think this change satisfies everybody’s requests.

Thanks Jay, this is definitely an improvement imo :smile:

OMG this whole time i could use Arrows!!! I’ve been clicking the < > buttons like a noob for over a year now!!!

*Facepalm - at least it was only a year for you. I just found out. :confused: