Xjhdexter Memorial 1v1 Tournament [XJHD 04/2022]

Hey I am having trouble with the link to the tournament tool. Am I the only one? I tried last night and this morning. Chrome on my iPhone.

If it’s working for everyone else can someone put my game link here please.

There you go, sometimes the tool has as an issue with specific internet providers, @Dysp knows more about that.
http://np.ironhelmet.com/game/5090660468916224

As for the settings: Yes, scarce credits is a new experience, curious to see how the games develop! Should make Banking and Terraforming more interesting and Weapons an absolute afterthought for the first cycles.

Thanks!

I have emerged victorious in my game with @Satirael

It was an exciting and fast paced game… lots of fast submits made it quite thrilling

Yeah a very exciting game that taught me a lot about my own weaknesses. I enjoyed it and even almost caught up at one point, but @Lex managed to keep the lead they made on my earlier mistakes. The fast submits definitely made it an intense game!

@Lex and @Satirael : Yes, you guys weren’t messing around … every time I checked the NP2STATS board, you had jumped several dozen more ticks! Any hints/suggestions on how to best play this particular configuration … besides rob the galactic bank for more credits! :wink:

While my game against @MLaZz isn’t moving quite as fast, it’s plenty quick for me - each time one of us submits to advance a turn, we’ve both been able to make the next set of moves. Reminds me how much fun these 1v1 games can be when they don’t get bogged down by slow submits and pesky RL!

@Trucriot : sorry if I missed it, but do you plan to “count” the results of this one-off 1v1 tournament in your world rankings? BTW, excellent job with your time-lapse of the World Rankings.

Meanwhile I’m still waiting for @limemaster to join my game, I hope we can get up and running soon!

I’m not sure if I give the best advice, but the largest differences that I noticed was of course the smaller amount of credits which alters your opening and makes for a bit of a slower start, that weapons being unlocked shifted the research priority of the mid and late game significantly (As one might expect), and then there are of course the common warp gates, which opens up for some interesting ship movements on mirrored maps. Probably pretty basic observations but still the most important ones in my opinion. Other than that it still felt like a 1v1 and was a fun match :slight_smile:

Agreed with @Satirael.

The common warp gates shaped the tactics in our game a lot… I was able to kill one of his useful gates in an early raid :slight_smile:

All games have started in due time. Great job @Lex and @Satirael for the super fast play, glad to hear it was fun.

Thanks! Yes, I planned on the games having the same weight in the rankings as those from the Flying Swiss tournament. A non-ranked tournament is an interesting idea though.

My game with @HULK just finished. What should I say… I got SMASHED :slight_smile:

Our border had way more contact points than any of the previous 1v1 games I played and I was a bit at a loss where to send ships and how many. HULK seized the opportunity to establish a healthy lead and started squeezing me slowly.

Congrats to mighty HULK and thanks for the fun game!

I managed to defeat @gaz123 in game 5, after a series of close battles at the outset. My income stream was slightly stronger, which meant I could invest in Science and eventually get the extra Weapons level.

Looking forward to playing @Lex in the next round…

Ditto what @MLaZz said we had a fun game and that our map had a LOT of contact points (well done @Trucriot setting it up) and I made a couple of lucky guesses and then went into full-on HULK SMASH mode! :wink:

I’m going to “soak” in Gamma Rays while I wait to play the winner of @Kaine and @DarkDragonwing … who I believe missed the turn at start?

I’m excited for our game @plug !
Do we start now or wait for everyone else to finish round one?

I don’t think there’s a map for us yet, and might be best if we wait for the others! Likewise - looking forward to our game.

Ok, @plug I will try to contain my excitement while waiting.
Wish there was a spectator mode :wink:

Definitely a huge ask to play the HULK on such a map, but I’m sure you took away some good lessons. If I recall correctly, Solfyre also got “initiated” by HULK in some friendly 1v1s, and look where he is now in the world rankings :wink:

Thanks!

I’m gonna provide the map links for the new round when we start the two week countdown for the remaining games - just one more game conclusion to go for that to happen!

Agree, overlapping scan ranges visible only and we’d be good to go for some great shows of top level play.

1 Like

I’ve won my game with @Chumbles . It sounds like he somehow accidentally hit the “quit” button… At the time I had a pretty sizeable star lead so he was content for the outcome to just stand. Thanks for the game @Chumbles !

1 Like

Solfyre was playing so much better than I ; tbh TB isn’t my bag and boy, didn’t it show.

pl50bcax8vm

To be fair, you pretty much got the hardest opponent there is for your first 1v1. I wouldn’t place too much emphasis on this rookie game in your self-assessment: Nobody ever won their first ranked game against @Solfyre.

1 Like