Anybody want to make some map designs?

Yep.

I multiplied by 12 to get what I wanted for my game. You may want to take your coordinates and multiply each number by 12.

1 Like

I just thought of a way you could have stars branch out, where each player is at an arm. You choose the center to be a fill-in area or blank area. Then you can select other fill in spots on the map for stars. Each player is at the end of a branch of stars. Doing this, you are able to curve the spiral without requiring a certain amount of players.

If you only want an 8 player game that has a spiral, each player would be at the tip of a spiral. You select maybe 2 or 3 fill in points on the branches that make a curve then the middle is a fill in point. Each fill in point you would add a random star scatter to. Maybe 1 fill in point can have a bigger random star scatter to it. For the spiral map, this would be the center. I am sure there will be some more neat designs a player will be able to make too.

Iā€™ve already requested Jay add a second set of coordinate entry for ā€˜fillerā€™ points, that do not place a starting point. The system would multiply starting star values with actual players, but then divide that out by the total number of coordinates needed. I donā€™t recall where Jay and I discussed that. He responded that is shouldnā€™t be that hard to add now that he has the coordinate system in place for the custom maps.

Edit: it is in the thread New Map Types

Thanks guys, that looks much better now.

Just a comment on the ā€œstarting distanceā€ setting - the help in Triton says it affects the homeworld position: ā€œThe starting distance controls how far player home stars start from one anotherā€ - so is there anyway to change the scatter distance, or does it affect both?

From my testing, it seems more like the distance setting impacts the scatter now, and not the starting distances. Iā€™d have to test more to be sure, or Jay could tell you if this changed when using the Custom coordinates.