Organizing a Team game

Fine Hulk, whatever.

New map, slightly tweaked settings. only did one new one. take it or leave it.

2 Likes

looks sneakier. Love it!

I do understand Hulk’s concerns.

However I a) don’t mind being in a “support” role if I had to be and b) there are ways to divide up the “entry” stars to where all three players can get out of the spoke.

To me, it actually provides a different strategy - take one player and have the other two feeding? Or take all three and try to cover mass territory quickly?

That map looks much better. Only hyperspace 8 or less is required to reach other players unless you go over the gap in the middle. Also everyone has access to the middle and only tech 3 is required to go to the middle. I think this map would be fun to play on for team games. It gives several different options. Should you take over the middle first and block access to other players? Maybe go for a sneak attack while everyone else rushes for the middle? Feed one of your allies tech or money while they attack? Maybe 1 can defend from the middle entry while the others attack from the sides. A sneak attack would be dangerous too. Chances are your scanning range won’t be able to see the stars your attacking so it would be risky. They might be ready for you or you might catch them by surprise. It looks like a lot of fun and I am looking forward to playing it when some things function a little better for team play.

1 Like

So the original game is a no go, and we should all switch to the new one? Can you delete the old one just to minimize confusion?

Jason echo’s some of my concerns with the original map and yea, the newer one should be more fun because it provides more options - interesting to see see teams take different strategies.

It would be even better IMHO if you were closer to your allies and farther from the middle (maybe possible to squeeze the AI coordinates closer) … but having just spent over an hour creating games with various combinations with Brian’s coordinates (and modifying myself), IT IS HARD!!!

Maybe I don’t understand Jay’s mapping algorithm, but I agree with Brian’s comment that the distance setting doesn’t do what you think it does … plus if you try to crank up the stars to fill in the gaps, it just doesn’t put 'em in there!

I for one plan to send Brian some renown once we start in appreciation for all his work. He may kick my a** in the game (and grumble more about my “constructive criticism”), but I really appreciate him pulling this all together.

P.S. In the EXISTING game, Brian smartly sent out a note to everyone pointing out the new game URL … so I would suggest lets wait until all the dust settles before that’s deleted. My vote would be for the new game (unless Brian wants to try to gen up another one - LOL!) and if we switch games, should we take the same positions on the map?

Here’s what the “new-n-improved” map looks like - still some gaps, but at least some semi-jumpable borders - bummer they aren’t all like between Blue and Orange circle at 10-11 O’Clock.

1 Like

I agree with everything Hulk says.

I just heard Hulk say the sun is a giant grapefruit… So as my daughter would say… Awkward!

2 Likes

Er I think I royally screwed up - I chose the wrong team. Is there any way of re-allocating me?
Sorry :frowning:

nope. going to have to scrap that map and start over. Once you leave, it won’t let you join again.

Take 3

That one looks every better … thanks again for all your work Brian.

BTW, if you end up generating yet another map, can I suggest the Home World have either two (or possibly) three Science … just juicing it up a bit as a prize for capturing.

P.S. WRT Grapefruit comment: I don’t remember saying that … but The HULK is not known for his intelligence …  :wink:

Right, I’m going to hop in now. For a group tag I’m going with the fairly obvious WEST Rosslessness.

@rubberband @Qwerty

Do we have a team name? Also any kind of starting position preference?

Have not used hangouts before, if you are having a conversation there. Don’t know how that whole thing works, and I don’t use my gmail but can check it…

I’m not sure how useful a whole game Hangout will be, but it does work really well for team conversations. Especially with the 8h turn time, you can get someone’s attention much faster. More or less an IM client.

Oh, and @tomkat , don’t feel bad. I told my team I was taking a specific start, then picked the wrong one! It’s that kind of day.

AND NOW I GET TO BE PURPLE!!! :D:D:D:D:D dance

err. sorry if I was too late for you guys but the 10h turn wait is checked in.

Also, if you mess up and join the wrong spot, it is easy for me to clear the list of players who have previously left.

*edit: there is a huge rush for a few accounting and business things at the moment because of Easter and Anzac Day holidays will shut this country down next week. I was also called away interstate and lost 4 working days last week *

Give me your gmail address, I will add you.

Jay, could you rename me to “FoxyStoat TomKat”? Thanks :slight_smile:

I’m wondering if we should ask Jay if it is easily doable for him to manually modify the turn-time from 8 hours to the originally proposed 10 hours?

Also (and again, only if easy to do), should we ask if he can align the colors for us? Would look awesome to have each team have it’s own color (I’ll take Green!) and would recommend Square/Triangle/Circle as the shapes. The 6 AI teams would all be whatever color is left over.

1 Like