Organizing a Team game

I just heard Hulk say the sun is a giant grapefruit… So as my daughter would say… Awkward!

2 Likes

Er I think I royally screwed up - I chose the wrong team. Is there any way of re-allocating me?
Sorry :frowning:

nope. going to have to scrap that map and start over. Once you leave, it won’t let you join again.

Take 3

That one looks every better … thanks again for all your work Brian.

BTW, if you end up generating yet another map, can I suggest the Home World have either two (or possibly) three Science … just juicing it up a bit as a prize for capturing.

P.S. WRT Grapefruit comment: I don’t remember saying that … but The HULK is not known for his intelligence …  :wink:

Right, I’m going to hop in now. For a group tag I’m going with the fairly obvious WEST Rosslessness.

@rubberband @Qwerty

Do we have a team name? Also any kind of starting position preference?

Have not used hangouts before, if you are having a conversation there. Don’t know how that whole thing works, and I don’t use my gmail but can check it…

I’m not sure how useful a whole game Hangout will be, but it does work really well for team conversations. Especially with the 8h turn time, you can get someone’s attention much faster. More or less an IM client.

Oh, and @tomkat , don’t feel bad. I told my team I was taking a specific start, then picked the wrong one! It’s that kind of day.

AND NOW I GET TO BE PURPLE!!! :D:D:D:D:D dance

err. sorry if I was too late for you guys but the 10h turn wait is checked in.

Also, if you mess up and join the wrong spot, it is easy for me to clear the list of players who have previously left.

*edit: there is a huge rush for a few accounting and business things at the moment because of Easter and Anzac Day holidays will shut this country down next week. I was also called away interstate and lost 4 working days last week *

Give me your gmail address, I will add you.

Jay, could you rename me to “FoxyStoat TomKat”? Thanks :slight_smile:

I’m wondering if we should ask Jay if it is easily doable for him to manually modify the turn-time from 8 hours to the originally proposed 10 hours?

Also (and again, only if easy to do), should we ask if he can align the colors for us? Would look awesome to have each team have it’s own color (I’ll take Green!) and would recommend Square/Triangle/Circle as the shapes. The 6 AI teams would all be whatever color is left over.

1 Like

Already sent him an email asking if he can modify the timer first thing this morning. I would hope it is a matter of manually opening the game file and changing one variable. As for the colors, I suspect that would be more time consuming.

I saw we were up to 12, just need to round up 6 more of our players.

Cool and thanks Brian. Great job pulling this all together … and HEY, aren’t you supposed to be sleeping now?!? :wink:

P.S. My guess from looking at the JSON data is that (if easily editable by Jay), it might not be much work for him to modify colors since we all only have ONE star.

Nope, US Central time zone. 8:16 now. We’ll see what he says.

Teams:
NE/1 o’clock - @Qwerty @bills6693 , @rubberband
E/3 o’clock - Itsmarty, DiscoJew -one of them is in as Snoogans, but I’m not sure which
SW/7 o’clock - @Maladoni - just messaged in a game
W/9 o’clock - @PandaBear

added the @ to have the system notify them if they had accounts.

Feel free to submit your turns once your whole team is in. I’ll wait to see what Jay says about modding the Wait Timer when Australia wakes back up later today. Then I’ll Force Start the game to kick the AI into motion.

@Qwerty bills6693 [at] gmail.com
Added you on Google+ (another thing I do not use :P)

Worth adding a call for substitutes just in case?

Give it until at least Jay gets back to us about changing it from 8h to 10h wait times.

I’ve bugged DiscoJew. My teammates were concerned about not forcing another restart by joining wrong.