Organizing a Team game

Tell them to triple check their start before they join. Though, Jay did say he can easily clear the list that prevents a rejoin.

Got a response from Jay, said changing the timer isn’t easy to do, so we will go forward with 6T/8h turns.
So the two we are missing:
NE/1 o’clock - @bills6693 as Orange Hexagon
SW/7 o’clock - @Maladoni as Red Circle

Everyone else, get in and submit your turn. I’ll force start as soon as we get the last two in.

Good Luck!

@Hulk colours aren’t tied to stars, but to “player position’s id”. The shape and colour is calculated as id / 8 and id % 8 and the player positions got shuffled before start. It would be possible if Jay could change our ids manually, but he is superbusy, so that’s a no go. Also it is completely client’s business, server doesn’t know anything about colours, he only knows our ids. The client calculates them on fly.

@bills6693 we use “Commoner” as prefix :slight_smile:

@Brian_Flowers I cannot join. I click the link or I paste the link into my address bar, and it just takes me to the NPII homepage

double check the game number 6537227089739776

Just Maldoni now.

I’ll told LDG we either need Mal to get in now via a new account or paying for a month of premium, or we need to replace him. Anyone got a potential replacement avaliable by tonight?

@Qwerty: Yea, I think the colors are related to the “huid” player parameter and yes, would require an edit from Jay to change at this point … was mentioning in case this was super-duper easy for him to do.

BTW, the other team game just finished - some stats below with [screengrabs in the IHG thread.][1]

The team format was a blast … but we clearly need Jay (in his copious spare time!)  to add some “team capabilities” to the game … in particular, preventing tech trades/cash transfers between players on different teams.

The temptation is just too strong for some … and I suspect with 6 AI’ers in this game, it will be even more so in this game. Ironically, it’s fairly easy to see in a 6-hour turn game since the Intel charts line up exactly.

I.e. If a player shows up with a tech (in the real-time display) that nobody else on their team has that is NOT seen in the Intel charts, they they scooped it from elsewhere. Of course, they can wait until just before the turn to “trade” for it to minimize the chance of detection … but hopefully won’t happen in our game.

Other Team Game

So after 564 ticks (23 days, 12 hours game time), this game (which started on March 2nd, 2014) ended on April 18th, 2014. For reference, the game parameters different from the default were 15-players, 32 stars, Expensive/Rare Warp Gates, Expensive Scanning Research, HR2 to start, $1500 cash, 6/12 turn circular galaxy with 33% (by individual, not team) to win - i.e. 146 of 441 stars total.

For comparison, the 6x3x6AI game is 24 players (6AI), 48 stars, far/plentiful, Cheap/NoRandom Warp Gates, Expensive Manu/Weapons, Cheap Hyperspace, HR3 to start, $2,000, 10/12/1 home world, 6/8 turn (really cool) custom galaxy with 50% win - 481 out of 961 stars.
[1]: Teams Wanted (Team Games) - #14 by HULK - Games - IHG Forum

So I just advertised again on G+ community. We need someone to take Maladoni’s spot, as we can’t wait several days on a player just to get started. Just about anyone interested is welcome, though there are a few from that game Hulk just mentioned that aren’t due to their inability to play by house rules and keep the game fun for everyone.

Anyway, reach out to your friends and message me if you find someone.

I replied in your other thread- my girlfriend is interested, but there’s the whole conflict of interest/appearing to share the same IP/she’s very new thing going on.

We may have on Selkie, but thanks. If we still need her, I’ll let you know.

We are LIVE!!! Good luck everyone!

Great job pulling this together Brian - it ain’t easy getting 18 people to join in.

This should be a blast … and hopefully I’ll be doing some SMASHING … rather than getting SMASHED!

Then again, it’s Friday night - a Big Green Monster face-down in the gutter Sat AM ain’t a pretty … :wink:

1 Like

I’m strongly considering pausing just for tonight, as we have a couple people that haven’t submitted their turn. I won’t be doing this in general, but the first turn is kind of critical, and we did have a chaotic couple days leading up to getting started.

Please everyone, make sure you have submitted your turn. I’ll be resuming the game in 8hrs regardless. Good luck and have fun!

South East (DiscoJew, Snoogans, Jonboy) have managed to do well with their research considering that 2 of them are behind the average Science level. Guess they got lucky with Experimentation.

I don’t really understand how we (South West - LDG, TomKat, Spankster79) seem to have much fewer stars than everyone else too (comparatively across the total) - did we just have an aggressive AI near us or were there not an equal number in each of the corners?

South East is the Ender crew isn’t it?

Each starting position should have the same amount of stars, they might, however, be more or less distant from your home world.

Actually, the team totals are as follows:
Ender - 124
Fist - 129
Foxy - 107
West - 124
RG3 - 114
Common - 123

You guys have 12 unclaimed stars in your sector, which would take you to 119.

Some teams have pushed faster into the AI than others, but yes Qwerty is right, they should be distributed roughly equally.

Edit, Sorry, I was using old data. I fixed it.

I noticed that the SW alliances don’t have all their stars yet but the count of available stars seems to be pretty even for all the players. I hand counted the stars for SW and SE because I’m not in the game. 2 of the stars require hyperspace 3 to grab them but most of the ones still available are tech 1 and 2. SW hasn’t expanded as fast as other alliances yet. That might be part of their strategy or may be a late start by some of the players. Range or the number of stars is not an issue though.

The SW AI has the most stars.

I was the dedicated AI killer on my team, and sent all my expansion east, including a stargate or too to get there first. Admittedly it means that I’ve got the smallest empire of my team, but means the other two members of my team have lots of growing room.