Blight Beta: Known Issues and Bugs

Question: is the Mad Pirate being able to wipe out monster settlements (like the Giants Lair) a bug or a feature?

I always assumed it was intended; same as the Elder Shaman.

Same here.

Had a bug today with the Cyclops Priestess; when using her ability it indicated that it would affect some Blighted Dragons that were nearby. I took a screenshot but apparently I didnā€™t manage to paste it anywhere before putting something else on the clipboard.

Update: not only did it indicate that it would affect them, it appears that it actually did! Does this mean if I kill them, they wonā€™t explode? That would be a pretty cool use of the Cyclops Priestess, but it doesnā€™t seem to be intended if thatā€™s actually the caseā€¦

Thanks for reporting this. It looks like it currently targets any zombies in in range! I donā€™t think it will have an effect though!

Iā€™ve got a bug with the Forest Dryad. When fearing a Boss with followers, the followers get targeted correctly, but fail to respond to the compulsion after the Boss drops them out of its army. Example:

The Boss runs away correctlyā€¦

ā€¦But his followers continue on their original path, even though they show the Forest Light buff.

I noticed this too, but they did run away. Did you lose blackpool?

I did indeed.

Iā€™ve been out of touch with the game for a little while so this might have already been reported or it might actually be a feature.

This nightmare lord scared a unrecruited Giant away from his home

The location was never captured by me

But I now own the giant. He ran to a settlement I already owned and now heā€™s one of my units. This might be a feature since my villagers brainwashed this Giant to come defeat the zombies that made him have scary nightmares which would be cool, but if itā€™s a bug, this is how it happened for me

Iā€™m pretty sure this is by design. If wandering units didnā€™t join up when entering a town you already control, thereā€™d be no good mechanic to claim those units. Youā€™d have to relinquish and then reclaim the settlement just to be able to control them.

I believe any wandering Neutral units will also walk to the nearest settlement if theyā€™re not at one, since otherwise it would be impossible to claim them at all.

Release the Hounds still not working bump

My Serpent Charmers in this game have been giving me next to no Gold all day. Iā€™m firing them off with 8 or 10 targets, and getting between 100 and 200 Gold in return when I should be seeing 400+. Itā€™s making this game really hard.

There seems to be an error in buffs for Zombie Humans in the mountains. It still lists them with the +6 Curse of the Plains buff, even though theyā€™re clearly in the mountains. At 279 Humans, thatā€™s a material difference in strength.

Fortunately, it didnā€™t change the outcome of the game, but I would have been mighty disappointed if it had.

Itā€™s from game 5538142335533056, if that helps.

Great work!

-MB

I just noticed a bug on a new game started. I got the Slavedriver. I played him. I started training troops at my first town. Then I used the Slavedriver ability. It took my mana, but since I was already training troops it I didnā€™t get 2 sets of troops. So I basically paid twice for one set of troops. Mana and Gold.

Iā€™ll have a look at this right now.

Can I ask, was the unit you were trying to flee being lead by a zombie lord?

Iā€™ll try and fix this later today.

The split between Bosses and the units theyā€™re leading seems to apply to all area-target compulsion. Our Nightmare Green Valley just got a whole lot harder:

I fixed it about 30 minutes ago. Iā€™m just testing it all properly before pushing it to the server. Sorry!

Haha, bummer. Glad to know this is probably the last time Iā€™ll see it, though!

This is by design. Itā€™s a long story but thatā€™s how it should work.