Blight Beta: Known Issues and Bugs

Been playing a game with three friends, and there was suddenly a series of strange timeskips. Lower than the 6 hour timeskip control in the game administration section, I think? It was hard to tell. We suddenly surged forward two or three times by an hour or two.

Not sure how this happened. Is there a hotkey we should be aware of?

Oh really sorry, I left my ā€œn keyā€ debug button on. jumps forward 1 hour every time you press it.

2 Likes

I was just going to post that I accidentally narrowed it down to n. :stuck_out_tongue:

Blighted Dragons are definitely not exploding in the way I expected. I fought a stack of four overnight with a single huge stack of Orcs. As I understand it, when each Dragon dies, it should produce a Strength 500 Ranged Attack in a 1 League radius. Therefore, this was my expectation:

Expected Results

• I win the combat, 17164 to 4000.
    • I lose ~5% of my 613 Orcs, leaving me about 582 individuals remaining (16878 total Strength with their new +1 Combat Experience).
  • Each Dragon fires off a 500 Damage Ranged attack:
    • I lose ~500 Strength (17 individuals) per explosion.
    • I lose ~68 individuals in total, leaving me 514 for a total Strength of 14906.

Observed Results

• The battle was won as expected.
  • Only a single explosion occurred (sort of hard to screenshot but itā€™s very obvious when you click the event).
    • Total Casualties:
      • A 500-strength stack of Zombie Trolls nearly at the town was destroyed outright (not pictured).
      • 14 Zombie Orcs to the NW were killed (378 Strength).
      • 23 Orcish Swords were killed (667 Strength).

Game: Blight of the Immortals
Time of Explosion: 7d 2h 13m

Yes it seemed to me from one of my games that only one explosion was occurring.

Are you saying that you expected there to be 4 explosions of 500 or an explosion of 2k rather than a single explosion of 500.

I expected four 500 explosions, though one 2k one wouldnā€™t have been that surprising. Either way, one explosion at 500 was a lot milder than I was expecting.

Possible bug - Zombies refused to run away from Release the Hounds. Maybe because they were sitting on grave?

At Sheepsfarm

must be something wrong there. we have several reports now. Will look into it as soon as Iā€™ve finished what iā€™m working on.

Something went wonky with this game:

It was paused and then, out of nowhere, declared us victorious. Huh? Iā€™d like to think our gameplay was so transcendent that the computer (skynet) was demoralized and concededā€¦

ā€¦but that seems unlikely.

Any idea what happened? Clearly it isnt done with a dreadlord and a whole flock of zombie dragons still in play. Its a shame, as it was turning out to be a really good game.

ugg. sorry That was my bad, I had games ending trying to test tournaments.

I will see if I can get your game going again.

All my games ended as well. One hadnā€™t even started yet :stuck_out_tongue:

I just submitted a special build to fix these games that ended prematurely. If you push the ā€œbā€ key and refresh your browsers the should start back up again. Sorry for the major blunder!

Edit: Actually, I donā€™t think this fix will get the games back in your list of multiplayer games.

It doesnā€™t seem to, but at least I can give orders again!

I just uploaded some code that should get them back into the list of games.

The B fix worked in one of my games (Oasis), but not the other one (Iron Crown).

Can you send me the URL of the game where it failed.

Thanks, should be good to go now.

One of my games is back in my Multiplayer list, but the other one isnā€™t. In case you can somehow do it by hand, itā€™s this one: Blight of the Immortals

Also, I got end-of-game emails for all the games that ended prematurely: it would probably be good to send out a quick global email saying something like ā€œa bug ended a bunch of games prematurely yesterday; if you got an email saying your game ended and you donā€™t think it should have, make sure to log in and check it out!ā€.