1v1 NP2 World Rankings

I learned from “o kama sona pi toki pona” by jan Pije, which has unfortuately been down for some time. “toki pona lessons” by jan Misali should be good, but they are unfinished at the time of writing and come out once every couple of months. Jan’s older version called “12 days of sona pi toki pona” is full and available, but jan says it’s old and with low production value. The official site has little free resources, the most valuable links there are the tp cheat sheet and links to discord, which is by itself a good way of learning tp and a better place to ask for resources. If you don’t mind paying I heard good things about the OG official tp book “Toki Pona: the Language of Good” AKA “pu”, and I can recommend the “toki pona dictionary” AKA “ku”, both written by the languages author Sonja Lang. The latter is more useful when you are already familiar with the grammar of the language as it only offers vocabulary. There are also some resources on a fan site tokipona.net.

1 Like

Thank you, that’s very useful. I’ve watched some Jan Misali videos which is what got me interested in Toki Pona initially. At the time I decided to start learning Russian instead, but I think it’s time to start working on Toki Pona.

Learning tp is not comparable to learning a natural language :smiley: It’s possible to learn toki pona gramatical rules and get a good grasp on basic vocabulary in two weeks. Fluency comes with practice and requires some thinking due to how much meaning has to be inferred from context, but it’s still remarkable how fast one can start conversing at least in writing in toki pona.

1 Like

I feel inspired now. Gonna do some studying. :smile:

Better late than never, here are the rankings for September (new cut-off day is on the 28th each month). Congratulations to the winners in the above period: @Macomber (August addendum), @olus2000, @BelSon, and @Solfyre!

1 Like

Thanks again for doing these! It is a little late, but not much would have changed between the September and the October ratings in eight days from now?

Indeed, only one ranked 1v1 game has concluded in October so far. Let’s see if some quick LLL games make the cut.

Congrats to the winners of last months: @Kwhwwymwn (400th ranked 1v1 result!) and @Solfyre (at 28 wins now!).

Better late than never, here are the November rankings :wink: Congrats to the winners: @Lorentz, @Akika, @FredGarvin, @Lex, and @MLaZz!

Bit late, but here’s the last World Rankings from last year. Congrats to the winners: @Solfyre, @panblanco, and @plug!

In top 10 by 1 point? I’ll take that :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Congrats to the winners of the month: @Satirael (2x), @Skilly146, @plug, @Solfyre, @BelSon, and @Nat20!

Special grats to plug for entering the Top2 for the first time ever, thus kicking me out after 648 days :laughing:

Thanks @Trucriot - I’m sure you’ll push me back out soon enough, although I don’t think you actually played a single game in 2022?

While one game would probably be sufficient because of the reliability boost, right now it seems more likely that I drop entirely because I’m slowly nearing the cut-off. Due to some changes in 2022, my schedule doesn’t really allow for a weeks-long game commitment at the moment :frowning:

Hat-tip to @Trucriot for maintaining this even though he’s not playing.

I should also be rolling down/off as it’s been a while since I’ve played. I did notice that @Dysp (who was near the top at one point) has dropped down to #20 - haven’t seen him in a while.

Nice to see others joining and again, also really nice that @Trucriot keeps updating the rankings.

2 Likes

Thanks Hulk! I’ll try to keep tournaments going for a while longer. Luckily @Dysp is also still around in the background, without his tool I wouldn’t be able to set up all the games within the time that I have.

Congrats to the recent winners: @SimonMiaou, @AStonedApe, @Gissni, @Binbo, @Solfyre, @Kaine, @Skilly146, @plug, @gaz123, @spymort, and @panblanco!

2 Likes

Late congrats to the winners in the March period: @tenerezu, @plug, @spymort, @Solfyre, @Satirael, @Kaine, @Lorentz, and @Skilly146!

1 Like

Yes :slight_smile:

Very (up to 8 months) belated congrats to the winners since March 28: @Solfyre (7x), @BelSon, @Satirael, @panblanco (2x), @FredGarvin, @Macomber (2x), @Lex (2x), @spymort (2x), @Lorentz, @Gissni, @gaz123, @plug (3x), @Kaine, and @HULK (2x)!

2 Likes

Thanks for doing this @Trucriot - much appreciated. I’m not sure if there are any plans for more 1v1 tournaments, but I’d still be up for an occasional match if anyone else is interested.

1 Like